Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Cup 2010 Official Thread

worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    What I mean by that question is (assuming you love, or at least like Soccer) how are you preparing for the one month event?
    how do you plan on watching the games? any special snacks or drinks?, will you have people over?

In my case, I won't be working during the World Cup so I plan on watching the most games possible,
    either on HDTV, spanish or english since I live on the Mexico/US border, or even the internet for the games that aren't transmitted over the air TV.
    The local time here in Tijuana for the games will be at 4:30am, 7:00am and 11:30am so I guess for the ones that are very early
    I'll set the alarm, get up and make myself a hot cup of Coffee with toast or something and then
    probably watch it from bed in my 32" HDTV (assuming they air the games in HD which I think they will, as they been airing all the latest Mexico friendlies in HD).
    For the games that are a bit later in the morning I might watch them while having breakfast on my kitchen Tv,
    or again, if the game is in HD may be take the mini table and watch it in my bigger Tv; or may be I'll have breakfast between games.
    I might stock on provisions before hand, I'd hate to be out of coffee or snacks just before a game, even more if my Team is playing.
    And last I think I might be watching most of the games by myself since the people that usually watch 'futbol' with me didn't plan for it as I did.

Anyway I'm curious to hear if you have any plans for the event.

Last edited by worldpease; 06-08-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: changed the title of Thread ;-P

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    wow bro u really have planned it all jaja i will be in vacations for the weeks starting 8 june ao idon't really know i think i will watch some games but not all of them
    " I didn't want to become Peruvian, i just got lucky "

No preocupetion mister! A mi los Apaches me apapachan!
    Once a noob, always a noob!

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    well, as far as I get the watch it, friends+couch+chips is alright for me. Too bad I will be working alot by that time...

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    i'm on a hiatus thankfully so I'll def. be watching the games...hopefully they'll be showing all of them (or the majority anyways) so that's how I plan to watch them...might even go out and watch then in a pub or two if I ever got the chance

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Mexico is about to play England @ Wembley Stadium in less that 25 minutes; one could say the WC has already started for us here because we also play Holland (always assumed that it is the same as the Netherlands, right?) next Wednesday, Gambia a few days later and finally Italy on June 2, damn I have a feeling it ain't gonna be pretty, lol.
    -

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Man, do you live in Tijuana? Is that so dangerous as I see at every documentary?

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Man, do you live in Tijuana? Is that so dangerous as I see at every documentary?
    Yes, I live in Tijuana and indeed it is as they portray it to be in those documentaries, I've seen a few of them and the only thing is that although they do mention the level of corruption in the police, the authorities and the government, it feels like it's under-rated, meaning that it actually goes deeper that it seems, one can feel it if you live here.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well looks like the England's game's gonna remain one-sided (cruising at 3-1)...but the game's being played in England...I'd love to see how the Brits perform in the higher altitude regions

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    at home

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    i wont since while i do consider soccer to be an extremely challenging game i do not find it to be entertainment

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast