Thread: Trying To Share A Program

Greetings.

I'm trying to share a program on kazaalite, and am quite new at this. I've tried to put the program in 'my shared folder' and then edit the details in 'my kazaalite', but when I put the prog in 'my shared folder' it ends up being over 300 files that show up under 'other' and 'programs' in 'my kazaalite.

any tips? I assumed it would be just one icon that would appear in the 'programs' section of 'my kazaalite', not that whole mess.

thanks

the new guy

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    What program is it? Just go to softwareworld and post a hash (how to do it can be found there to or in the FAQ) and post your supernode by cliking Web>detect supernode and post the info with your hash and if someone wants it they will get it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by rotorfloat@30 October 2003 - 15:50
    Greetings.

I'm trying to share a program on kazaalite, and am quite new at this. I've tried to put the program in 'my shared folder' and then edit the details in 'my kazaalite', but when I put the prog in 'my shared folder' it ends up being over 300 files that show up under 'other' and 'programs' in 'my kazaalite.

any tips? I assumed it would be just one icon that would appear in the 'programs' section of 'my kazaalite', not that whole mess.

thanks

the new guy
    Should you have put it into a zip file before you put it into your shared folder? Then you will be sure all the components of the program will be in one place, and not a mess all over the place.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ok, getting somewhere. I zipped the program (norton anitvirus 2004) and it appears in the 'other' folder, not the 'software' folder in 'my kazaalite'. Will a person doing a 'software' search be able to locate this prog?

Thanks for the help

rf