Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No donations? Prepare to go somewhere else!

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    FSC- invited by staff nearly a year ago. Upload ~130GB. If memory serves, I have only mentioned my membership there 3 times including this pathetic thread.

FTN- invited by a good friend (Idol, since he has offered his identity here) after knowing each other for nearly a year- as it should be. He offered to get me in at Christmas, (un-giveaway) but I said I could wait since I did not have a "need" for the site. Idol received one ~10 weeks ago (thanks for looking that up) and I satisfied my curiosity.

Funny thing is, I have not made a request (excluding GFXNews- 0 e-peen value, am I right?) in over 9 months.

As for my frequency and length of posts...well, some of us can string together over 10 words without copy & pasting.

Again, fuck you, hornbery.

Anthrax, you don't merit the same, but you should know you are humping the wrong leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    resorting to insults when u can not debate anything i said. i am right, u are an ass-kisser that now wants to play in same field as if he now is old veteran or widely respected/known as some ppl i mentioned.
    u can try to be whatever u want, but u'll always be a boring long post writer, and a ass-kisser, in same style as central2rbay.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Once more in English, please. My arguments are just fine. Copy and paste them into Google Translate and then ask your mom what they mean.

BTW, your title has an entirely different meaning when one thinks of you as a cocksucker.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    i joined FST almost same time as he did, and i remember how he was. since he join those lleet sites, he become total different person, acting like veterans, what he is not.
    veterans here in bt are ppl like puckface, cabalo, detale or artemis. those can talk with wisdom of years of experience, and not pretend.
    10 mb per week. he is in for the community, ofc.
    100% true. We all know it's all about how much you can upload. So everyone, go buy a seedbox and buffer up!!

MBM, you really don't need to resort to insults. Anyone with half a brain can tell who/what Hombre is.

/me waits to be called an asskisser...
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 06-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    waits to be called an asskisser...
    Asskisser.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    resorting to insults when u can not debate anything i said.
    You might find it insulting... I find it to be 'on the money'
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    MBM, you really don't need to resort to insults. Anyone with half a brain can tell who/what Hombre is.
    I give each member the "respect" he/she/it deserves. So far, I've been MORE than polite to hornbery.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Never seen or heard of this site but I am sure it's members will have no problem finding another 0 day tracker. If it does close.
    Last edited by pone44; 06-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    resorting to insults when u can not debate anything i said. i am right, u are an ass-kisser that now wants to play in same field as if he now is old veteran or widely respected/known as some ppl i mentioned.
    u can try to be whatever u want, but u'll always be a boring long post writer, and a ass-kisser, in same style as central2rbay.
    And you'll always be a trader that can't string more than a single sentence together without copying and pasting a blog article or review without even bothering to credit the source. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    TorrentSeed is now about to close !!

Once again it looks as if donations are going to be way short this month. Last month we were short and I had to pay from my own pocket the remaining costs which I don't mind doing now and again but the way I'm seeing things now is if people aren't willing to donate to help the site out then they wont be bothered if the site just disappeared.

I'm not going to have Torrentseed the type of site that annoys users looking for for donations month after month, I detest that sort of thing and even typing out announcement is making my gut wrench. We dont have annoying ads, servers donated to us from companies or sponsorship like some sites do, we're run off the kindness of the users here.

So this is not an ultimatum or threat but more of a reality and that is if we don't get donations covered then from start of June Torrentseed will be no more. Infact most of the torrents will stop being uploaded in the next week when we have to let our seedbox go and to be quite honest what's the point keeping the site running from then when most new releases aren't being uploaded to the site.

There is no fancy gimmicks this time of double upload credit or offers of free leech. Either you donate to see the site continue or else I'm sure you'll all find new homes eventually somewhere else to continue to download your torrents.

Hockney
    Anyway, back to the point at hand...

Staff on the site received donations enough to cover them to the end of July within half a day. Along with that, the promise of more to come if it was required of it's members...

TorrentSeed never advertises asking for for donations, sends PM's asking for money, or runs any ads on the site to help finance running costs. Soul funding for the site comes from what donations are given voluntarily and any shortfall is made up from Hockney's own pocket... there isn't even a Donate bar in plain sight unless you go looking for it.

The announcement, which incidentally is almost 3 weeks old now (do you EVER get anything up to date??), was put out to members to see how they felt about either keeping the site running, or letting it go so members could find other trackers to go to until it closed... as with FTN and FSC the community overwhelmingly wanted the tracker to stay open and through donations and PM, the future of the site was pretty much secured for the foreseeable future. Like 'sake' said earlier... money's tight everywhere, and far from having excess to throw around on donating to trackers, as we've seen on numerous occasion's recently, even the 'Big Boys' have struggled, people are keeping an eye on their finances... but the community pulled together when they knew there was a problem

I know Hockney has no problems running the site and tracker, he's run them for years, but like any normal person... you'd ask yourself if it was worth it if members seemingly weren't bothered... wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Never seen or heard of this site but I am sure it's members will have no problem finding another 0 day tracker. If it does close.
    I don't think anyone would argue with you on that point... however, the members on the site overwhelmingly made sure that didn't happen...
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast