Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No donations? Prepare to go somewhere else!

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    TorrentSeed is now about to close !!

Once again it looks as if donations are going to be way short this month. Last month we were short and I had to pay from my own pocket the remaining costs which I don't mind doing now and again but the way I'm seeing things now is if people aren't willing to donate to help the site out then they wont be bothered if the site just disappeared.

I'm not going to have Torrentseed the type of site that annoys users looking for for donations month after month, I detest that sort of thing and even typing out announcement is making my gut wrench. We dont have annoying ads, servers donated to us from companies or sponsorship like some sites do, we're run off the kindness of the users here.

So this is not an ultimatum or threat but more of a reality and that is if we don't get donations covered then from start of June Torrentseed will be no more. Infact most of the torrents will stop being uploaded in the next week when we have to let our seedbox go and to be quite honest what's the point keeping the site running from then when most new releases aren't being uploaded to the site.

There is no fancy gimmicks this time of double upload credit or offers of free leech. Either you donate to see the site continue or else I'm sure you'll all find new homes eventually somewhere else to continue to download your torrents.

Hockney

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It`s like the firms nowadays. On the market stays the fittest and strongest ones. The situation is just the same with the trakers. There is a lack of money, this is obvious everywhere. So, we will see who are the best trackers in the near future that will stay
    Last edited by sake; 06-01-2010 at 06:10 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    FSC is also begging for donations for first time ever !!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    That`s what i am talking about. The difference is that all are begging right now (even FtN) but just some of them stays only these that are really loved by the members

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    yes shame for fsc
    Last edited by antrax34130; 06-01-2010 at 07:25 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post
    yes shame for fsc
    Why?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    From what I saw FSC raked in months worth of cash from that announcement, so I don't think they're going anywhere soon.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 06-01-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    FSC is also begging for donations for first time ever !!!!!
    First, fuck you, hornbery!

Second, FSC asked members to help secure the future of the site. We came up with enough to cover costs for a year. This took about 10 days.

FSC is a very well run, and supported private community. Cast your aspersions somewhere else, idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    The "term" is not important. The most important is that the tracker stays and is more stable than ever. I am not a member of TorrentSeed, but i doubt that will achieve the same results as FSC. This is what i am talking about

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    lol megabyteme u just joined ftn 10 weeks ago and you are on fsc now, e peen ftw i hope you will be very active on these trackers...

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast