Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I just simply have to ask.. The latest fiasco in the Med. Sea (Turks & IDF soldiers)

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Does anybody in America take this guy seriously?

Quote from the above: ' In 1917 most of Europe wanted to go to war. In fact most of Europe was preparing for war'.

Actually in 1917 most of Europe had been at war for 3 years. The first World War started in 1914 and ended in 1918.

I often wondered why some Americans scoffed at 'Fox' alleging that they distorted the truth. Know I know.

P.S. If you want to know a bit of history of this region and who was 'actually promised' the land now known as Israel then read 'The Seven Pillars Of Wisdom'.* It will give you a bit of insight into the duplicty in the forming of the state of Israel.

* That is if you have a spare couple of months.
    Um, yes, we do like Glenn Beck and the Fox network. He is very popular in Arizona. And yes, he is a MORMON, and not Jewish, so he is not biased in favor of Israel for religious reasons.

The Fox network is the only one that comes anywhere close to being unbiased and fair.
    If that is the case then I am genuinely sorry for the state of journalism in the USA. That program is riddled from start to finish with inaccuracy. It smacks to me like Sky News in the UK. Not news but opinion. Does Rupert Murdoch have anything to do with Fox?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    The issue is that as an Americans we don't have to carry ID and our liberty shouldn't be at risk because we don't always have it on us.
    That is incorrect. Being American has nothing to do with it. That is a state law and will differ from state to state. In the State of Texas you are required to show the officer your ID if the officer has a right to detain you, or any vehicle you're in. If you refuse, they can (and will) take you in for a fingerprint check and legally hold you until your identity has been determined. But, before an officer can require you to show ID he/she first must be able to lawfully detain you. All the officer needs is to be able to articulate reasonable suspicion.

In the case of the AZ man, I'd like to hear the other side of that story before fingering any blame. The reporter said he was taken in because he could not (or would not) answer some of the officers questions. The news story also stated he was born in the U.S., but he could barely speak English.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

Um, yes, we do like Glenn Beck and the Fox network. He is very popular in Arizona. And yes, he is a MORMON, and not Jewish, so he is not biased in favor of Israel for religious reasons.

The Fox network is the only one that comes anywhere close to being unbiased and fair.
    If that is the case then I am genuinely sorry for the state of journalism in the USA. That program is riddled from start to finish with inaccuracy. It smacks to me like Sky News in the UK. Not news but opinion. Does Rupert Murdoch have anything to do with Fox?
    Yes, Murdoch owns Fox News. He started it with the intent of reaching a more conservative audience. He did that because the other stations are incredibly liberal.

That being said, it's all biased. Here. There. Everywhere. Even the precious BBC.

The Glenn Beck show is also not "news" and should not be lumped in with the proper news forum on the Fox News channel. It's commentary based media; just like any talk radio show. Just because he says something, it should not be taken as gospel and he says that on every single episode, not to take his word for it - 'Don't take it from me. Go out there and find this information yourself. Do the research yourself.'

Fox News is a good source for news however and the large ratings advantage it reaps over all of the other cable news stations should help attest to that.

yo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

Yes, Murdoch owns Fox News. He started it with the intent of reaching a more conservative audience. He did that because the other stations are incredibly liberal.

That being said, it's all biased. Here. There. Everywhere. Even the precious BBC.

The Glenn Beck show is also not "news" and should not be lumped in with the proper news forum on the Fox News channel. It's commentary based media; just like any talk radio show. Just because he says something, it should not be taken as gospel and he says that on every single episode, not to take his word for it - 'Don't take it from me. Go out there and find this information yourself. Do the research yourself.'

Fox News is a good source for news however and the large ratings advantage it reaps over all of the other cable news stations should help attest to that.
    Murdoch wants the BBC to close down or be privatised. That would be the last nail in the coffin of genuine news. He does not realise that we own the BBC, paid for by licence fees.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    http://www.kfyi.com/pages/jimsharpe.html ...

There comes a time
    When we need to make a show
    For the world, the Web and CNN
    There's no people dying,
    so the best that we can do
    Is create the greatest bluff of all

We must go on pretending day by day
    That in Gaza, there's crisis, hunger and plague
    Coz the billion bucks in aid won't buy their basic needs
    Like some cheese and missiles for the kids

We'll make the world
    Abandon reason
    We'll make them all believe that the Hamas
    Is Momma Theresa
    We are peaceful travelers
    With guns and our own knives
    The truth will never find its way to your TV

Ooooh, we'll stab them at heart
    They are soldiers, no one cares
    We are small, and we took some pictures with doves
    As Allah showed us, for facts there's no demand
    So we will always gain the upper hand

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

Perhaps the reason it is so popular is that average people in the United States are sick and tired of only getting to hear the news from the left wing liberal perspective on CNN and NBC.
    Last edited by 999969999; 06-04-2010 at 02:18 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27

Exactly. All the other stations are so liberal that they don't even really to try to even pretend to be unbiased anymore. And obviously it is wonderful for them to do that, but for conservatives to have a voice on a news station is considered to be evil and unfair.
    Last edited by 999969999; 06-04-2010 at 02:34 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    OK, getting back on topic... As torentt said a couple pages back, I can't think of any other armed force in the world that would raid a ship using paint-balls as their main ammo. More to the point, the ship was told to reach Ashdod, then the cargo would be inspected and then shipped to Gaza if found clear.

On top of that, it's clearly obvious the people aboard that ship had themselves well prepared for a battle with the Navy Seals (grenades, knives, rods etc.) - Hardly a "quiet attempt" at breaching the blockade.

Re. blockade - Not many people may know this, but the strips entire gas, petrol and water supplies come from Israel. It's all "ours", yet we hand it over to people who's leaders are totally for firing rockets and co. over into Israel.. Sometimes I ask myself why we bother. Let them live for themselves and cut off the supplies which we give them off of our resources.

Anyway, with all due respect, these people were completely up to cause mischief, and try show the world how nasty the Israeli soldiers are, when in fact the actually proved the opposite - We are, in fact, probably the most humane army on the planet. The footage speaks for itself.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    OK, getting back on topic... As torentt said a couple pages back, I can't think of any other armed force in the world that would raid a ship using paint-balls as their main ammo. More to the point, the ship was told to reach Ashdod, then the cargo would be inspected and then shipped to Gaza if found clear.

On top of that, it's clearly obvious the people aboard that ship had themselves well prepared for a battle with the Navy Seals (grenades, knives, rods etc.) - Hardly a "quiet attempt" at breaching the blockade.

Re. blockade - Not many people may know this, but the strips entire gas, petrol and water supplies come from Israel. It's all "ours", yet we hand it over to people who's leaders are totally for firing rockets and co. over into Israel.. Sometimes I ask myself why we bother. Let them live for themselves and cut off the supplies which we give them off of our resources.

Anyway, with all due respect, these people were completely up to cause mischief, and try show the world how nasty the Israeli soldiers are, when in fact the actually proved the opposite - We are, in fact, probably the most humane army on the planet. The footage speaks for itself.
    http://www.kfyi.com/pages/jimsharpe.html

Like the video on the above website points out, they are trying to make the IDF look like Jack the Ripper, and they are trying to make Hamas look like Mother Theresa. Liberals just love to turn the truth upside down on its head.
    Last edited by 999969999; 06-04-2010 at 02:37 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Link doesn't work, but yes, the point was to show how barbaric we, the IDF soldiers are, when in reality we are trained and taught to only use brutal force when in definite need. Fatal force may only be used in a life-threatening case, i.e the case above.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast