Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I just simply have to ask.. The latest fiasco in the Med. Sea (Turks & IDF soldiers)

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Well, I was gob-smacked when I saw the footage of what the so-called "humanitarian-aid" civilians had ready and waiting for the Naval-Commando on the ship that was on it's way to Gaza.. What more, the fact that Israel actually agreed that the ship could come to Ashdod port, and the stuff they brought be transferred from there to Gaza..
    Shocking:
    [youtube]gYjkLUcbJWo[/youtube]

[start-patriotism]
    What say you? In all honesty, it's cases like the above that make me damn-right proud to be wearing IDF fatigues at this very moment.[/end-patriotism]
    Last edited by tralalala; 06-02-2010 at 07:45 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Yeah, that went well.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Well, I was gob-smacked when I saw the footage of what the so-called "humanitarian-aid" civilians had ready and waiting for the Naval-Commando on the ship that was on it's way to Gaza.. What more, the fact that Israel actually agreed that the ship could come to Ashdod port, and the stuff they brought be transferred from there to Gaza..
    Shocking:
    [YOUTUBE]gYjkLUcbJWo[/YOUTUBE]

[start-patriotism]
    What say you? In all honesty, it's cases like the above that make me damn-right proud to be wearing IDF fatigues at this very moment.[/end-patriotism]
    What would you do Rafi if someone attacked your ship on high seas? Would you stand back and say go ahead everything you are doing is perfectly legal. When the British navy stopped the Exodus containing Jewish refugees bound for Palestine in 1947 was that OK in your eyes too?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Yeah the IDF released only the images showing their soldiers being hit with sticks and chairs, show us the images of IDF elites killing humanitarians now please .

Oh wait they didn't release that .

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    tralalala, leave it, anti-israelins won't be convinced no matter what.
    Israel is guilty as a premise, anytime anywhere, arabs are the victims, even when they lynch and murder.
    Last edited by torrentt; 06-03-2010 at 04:14 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I'm an isolationist, so I think the United States should stay out of the middle east entirely and not get involved with any country over there, but I have to say that I was personally shocked at the level of outright hatred other countries around the world have for Israel just because it is trying to defend itself from the possibility of more rockets being smuggled into Gaza and then fired at Israelis.

It reminds me of how the state of Arizona has been called racist and evil and has been boycotted by other states, counties, and cities merely because it wants to protect itself from all the crime sweeping across its border from Mexico.

It seems like if you want to defend yourself, you are somehow evil for doing so.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentt View Post
    Israel is guilty as a premise, anytime anywhere, arabs are the victims, even when they lynch and murder.
    Out of curiosity, do you think Israel has done no wrong?

Define "anti Israel"

Israel has a right to exist and to defend itself, this doesn't mean that it should be taken for granted that they are always or even mostly acting justly or in self defense. The same applies to the Palestinians or anyone else for that matter

It seems that criticism or questioning of any Israeli policy or action makes one an anti Semite or or pro Arab.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

It reminds me of how the state of Arizona has been called racist and evil and has been boycotted by other states, counties, and cities merely because it wants to protect itself from all the crime sweeping across its border from Mexico.
    So you are happy to have to carry proof of citizenship or be detained until you can prove you are a citizen?

Nobody is complaining about trying to stop illegal immigration, they are complaining because the law sets up natural born and legal immigrants for harassment that, lets be honest, no white yahoo will have to endure.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you think Israel has done no wrong?

Define "anti Israel"

Israel has a right to exist and to defend itself, this doesn't mean that it should be taken for granted that they are always or even mostly acting justly or in self defense. The same applies to the Palestinians or anyone else for that matter

It seems that criticism or questioning of any Israeli policy or action makes one an anti Semite or or pro Arab.
    of course Israel had done something wrong.
    do you know any other army in the world that will try to stop a ship armed with paint-ball guns? and after its soldiers were beaten and lynched by terrorists the soldiers would still not use fire?
    the soldiers started using their guns only after 2 of them got shot.
    North Korea torpedoed a ship a few weeks ago, killing 46 people, but i don't see even a grain of rage

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者

of course Israel had done something wrong.
    do you know any other army in the world that will try to stop a ship armed with paint-ball guns? and after its soldiers were beaten and lynched by terrorists the soldiers would still not use fire?
    the soldiers started using their guns only after 2 of them got shot.
    North Korea torpedoed a ship a few weeks ago, killing 46 people, but i don't see even a grain of rage
    The "no wrong" is a general question, not specific to this particular incident. It goes with your reasoning that people are anti Israeli, does the standard apply to pro Israeli?
    The ship was in international water as far as I can tell. Does the crew have the right to repel an armed boarding party, any boarding party, in self defense?

What terrorists are you referring to? Are you saying that those on board the ship were terrorists?

Where did these guns used to shoot at the soldier come from?

Still waiting for you to define "anti Israel", seeing as you have accused previous posters of being such.

I can't say one way or the other who holds responsibility for the incident. I wasn't there and don't have all the facts. I doubt it's as cut and dry as either side are making out.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 06-03-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast