Thread: Like Some Help With Subtitles

Ok I know am new as heck here but I come asking for help because of a friend. I've got the all of the Macross Frontier but here's the thing. There all in Japanese and have no subs or dubs. I've know Japanese myself but my friend who is a anime junkie like myself does not and I was hoping someone could give me a idea on where to look for the subtitles or even a link to them. I will say this before hand I don't do Torrents since I find them hard to trust and like DD's over Torrents. If anyone can help me with this that would be great.

The New Guy No One Knows Yet
    RipJacked

Edit:
    For got to add Last time, this is the Macross Frontier 1920x1080 DVD set that was released in Japan. It had no subs or Dubs it was a Japanese only DVD set.
    Last edited by RipJacked; 06-03-2010 at 06:33 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your best bet IS to use torrents for you will find getting a hold of stand alone srt's (sub-titles) for macross frontier (or any anime for this matter) is a pretty difficult feat on it's own.

Sure, you use sites like Youtube to stream the shows, but MOST likely it's going to be very low quality.

[youtube]mqPWORwCYbM[/youtube]

What exactly are you afraid of by using BT?

There is currently a BT tracker online supporting Macross Frontier in High Quality @ 720p by the name of THORA (which does excellent work and has a lot of trackers available for a lot of other anime) and does supply the sub-titles you demand. Just google, "Macross Frontier THORA" and you'll find the file you need.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your best bet IS to use torrents for you will find getting a hold of stand alone srt's (sub-titles) for macross frontier (or any anime for this matter) is a pretty difficult feat on it's own.

Sure, you use sites like Youtube to stream the shows, but MOST likely it's going to be very low quality.

[youtube]mqPWORwCYbM[/youtube]

What exactly are you afraid of by using BT?

There is currently a BT tracker online supporting Macross Frontier in High Quality @ 720p by the name of THORA (which does excellent work and has a lot of trackers available for a lot of other anime) and does supply the sub-titles you demand. Just google, "Macross Frontier THORA" and you'll find the file you need.
    Well it's not the fact that I don't want to use torrents really it's more or less that I can't. I have a Internet Connection that's extremely new. In fact it's more like a test connection. You know where a company will offer free internet if you test there new Connection. It has many rules bound to it and if you break them you loose it. The contract I signed and agreed to states am forbidden to use torrents so you can understand why I don't use it. I like my free internet and with the Economy I would like to keep it. So it's not really a trusting bit with Torrents it's more like my provider dosn't like them and I can't use them. I used the wrong words to explain that last time.

The Youtube Vids I'll pass on but thanks for the info and suggestion.

The Thora thing I won't be able to get since it's through a torrent If I read that correctly and I can't do it. So unless you know of it not being a Torrent some where that be great but I won't ask you to put it in a DD. It would be rude of me to ask such a thing when am extremely and not being a hardcore leech and with the help you've given me.

Thanks Mr. Nails and am glad to be here and hope to be seen more often here. In a good way that is

Thanks again, It's appreciated

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Bestfriend81's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    may be here

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestfriend81 View Post
    may be here
    Looked it's a no go, It's in Arabic and I don't think that's the right Set of Subs for the DVD set I have. Since each Disk has a entire season

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Goto to http://Warez-bb.org and search for "Macross Frontier".There are THORA releases as well.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Thanks AbyBeats, I've found them and am getting them now.

Thank you everyone for your help. It's made this a load easier and I'm getting them all now.

Regards
    RipJacked