Thread: Reason For Bad Frames

Ok i'm downloading a movie and i have already 541 mbs out of 700 and while trying to preview it, it registered me a couple of bad frames at a certain time...i still can't get a proper movie preview without treating the file with divfix and it fixes the problem (i guess it's cutting out that frames, because when i watch it, it just skips for a few seconds) My questions:
    Is it possible the reason for those bad frames to be resulted by the download itself?
    Is it possible that those bad frames will be fixed while i get the complete file?
    Do you think that after i finish the download and it still has them, i should treat the file with divfix or if not, can you recommend me some other software with proper guides?
    Btw i'm downloading Day Of The Dead and the bad frames are at the 56 minute...

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    u need to get your self a little programe called http://www.virtualdub.org/ get that then load your avi into it, the set both video and audio to direct stream copy then go to video-scan video for stream errors. that it will scan your avi fro u, then all u do is go to file-save as avi
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by arkad@30 October 2003 - 23:14
    Is it possible the reason for those bad frames to be resulted by the download itself?
    YES. kazaa corrupts files. especially large ones. kazaa just does not have any real error-checking involved, so it corrupts large files and creates bad frames in movies. if you just want to watch the files, a few bad frames should not be a major problem-- but it can be a pain in the ass, when you try to convert movies downloaded from kazaa.

if you want movie files that feature as little corruption as possible (or no corruption at all, ideally), you should try using a filesharing program that features effective error-checking like BitTorrent or eDonkey.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    dunno about bittorrent, but tried edonkey and it was moving very slowly...
    but i'll keep that in mind for the next movies i download!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    yeah, eDonkey is slow like a tidal wave of molasses.

BitTorrent is generally pretty fast, depending on how large the "swarm" (all of the people currently trading it) for a particular file is.

there's also IRC (a chat system where people also trade files), but i'm not too keen on it because you have to queue up behind other people and a lot of egomaniac administrators on IRC are just on huge power-trips. it's so easy to get banned from IRC chatrooms for even the most minor offenses against their rules/etiquettes.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Go here http://www.doom9.org/ and get DivX Fix 1.1 based on VirtualDub and very easy to use.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    *sigh*

Or you could get KCF and actually fix the file, instead of 'repairing' it which just cuts out or overwrites bad frames.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by DrSpud@31 October 2003 - 22:00
    *sigh*

Or you could get KCF and actually fix the file, instead of 'repairing' it which just cuts out or overwrites bad frames.
    well, great program you wrote, man.
    i read everything about it and i have a question that's not mentioned in the FAQ or i didn't understand it clearly.
    My corrupted frames are in the middle of the file, so it means that i'll have to redownload the file from the start of the corruption to the actual end of the file or to the end of the corruption?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    muchspl2
    http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/

easy way to remove the bad frames, it uses virtual dub, just makes it automatic