Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow you Americans are really tolerant

darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    I just heard that on september 11th 2011 a mosque is going to be built a few yards away from ground zero, The size of it is going to be big at an amazing 13 storeys and have a price tag of 100 million dollars.
    Being a brit I'm totally shocked that this is even going to be thought about doing,never mind being built in time for the sad anniversary of that terrible event.
    Over here they (the muslim council)tried something similar but public opinion ruled and it was stopped in its tracks.
    My question is a simple one, What do americans think of this and why is this not front page news around the world?
    Last edited by darkstate01; 06-07-2010 at 02:03 PM.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

2. Lounge   -   #2
    where are these people trading now ?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    First I've heard of it, but I googled and it seems you're right.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ground+zero+mosque

Extraordinary.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    sexually abusive clergy, corporate rape, an epidemic of obesity, amongst many many other things. Yeah, its past tolerant and gone into willful ignorance. These people wont understand anything until the electricity is off.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Can you imagine from dusk till dawn at the centre of NY the bellowing sounds coming from the Minorette?
    Praise be to New York
    A quick google of the name of the mosque-Cordoba house, came back with the info that Cordoba was the first european great mosque built in southern spain to applaud there conquest of spain
    Do you think they are doing the same again in New York?
    Muslims are well known for building mosques on sacred defeated grounds as a gesture to the defeated that they are here for you to remember they are asserting there supremacy.
    I think that on the day(9/11/11) that the mosque is built,america will become a very small country bowing down to the might or shite of the muslim nation,this will scream louder than any aircraft, that allah as won.
    It wouldn't suprise me if they even had a 757 do a flypass on the day its opened.
    Good luck america, because you will need it.
    Last edited by darkstate01; 06-07-2010 at 04:21 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    What more can I say
    Last edited by darkstate01; 06-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Wow, you're really stepping off the deep end there.

Unfortunately, Our wide open freedoms allow for this sort of thing. As long as there is no abstention of the law, there isn't much to do. 10's of thousands protested it in order to influence the board who ultimately had to approve or deny their permits, but I don't think there was any legal reason to turn them down.

On the other hand, there are already a couple hundred mosques in NY from what I hear, and this is just one more. Google Maps shows a mosque around 20 blocks North and another about 20 blocks East. Why they need another right there is beyond me.

I would think that Muslims would be interested in avoiding this sort of attention.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Well as I said in the past, When muslims in war have defeated there enemy (the kufar) westerners etc they build a mosque to say they are the victor.
    Its an alfa male thing I guess,but in the religious world.
    This place is going to be at the site of ground zero, not 20 blocks away.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/nyers_wage_jihad_vs_wtc_mosque_UgJiOBYEhrSOw4Q6hpvbQL<b> As you say,why are they even thinking about such a place when they have plenty of others around the city.
    To me its a thumbed nose or middle fingered solute to your country.
    They tried this in the uk by trying to build a huge mosque next to the coming Olympic games,but the people lobbied against it and its been stopped.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    No, it is not at the site of ground zero; it's about 3-4 blocks away.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Still a bit to close for comfort.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast