Thread: Small Lcd Panel

does anyone know where i can buy a small lcd kit that has a thermo on it ??

Im modding a PC case and at the front it has a small square groove so you can put a company sticker on it.

I want to cut the square and put a small lcd in it that has a thermo on it so it tells me the cpu temp.

Ive been searching everywhere and i just cant seem to find a place that has them.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Got this from Maplins (UK)

Temperature Module See Prices Below

A very versatile digital thermometer module with the LCD display and circuitry on a small pcb with a16-way solder edge connection. The PCB is fixed to a small plastic bracket that houses the battery. The module has an on-board temperature sensor or an external probe (or probes) may be fitted. By making the appropriate connections to the module, the following functions are available: · Temperature display in °C or °F
    · 12-hour clock display
    · Set minutes and hours of clock
    · Temperature sampling rate once per second or once per 10 seconds
    · Set high and/or low temperature detector
    · Output goes high when high temperature set point exceeded
    · Separate output goes high when below low temperature set point
    · Pulse output when either set point reached
    · 4kHz alarm output for 6 seconds after either set point reached The module also has a serial data output and a 13-bit code is sent at every
    sample-time containing thecurrent temperature in BCD format. A further output transmits the data clock. A comprehensive operations manual is supplied with the module.
    It shows how to connect relays to the temperature set point outputs, how to connect a buzzer to the alarm output, and how to connect external probes to the module. Details are also given on the serial data output and how to read it.
    Specifications:
    Range: -19·9°C to 69·8°C
    0°F to 159.8°F
    Resolution: 0·1°C, 0·1°F
    Accuracy: -10°C to +40°C
    ±1°C at 1·5V
    -20°C to -10°C
    ±2°C at 1·5V
    +40°C to +70°C
    ±2°C at 1·5V
    Temperature set points: 1° steps
    Display: 3½ -digit 12·7mm high
    LCD display
    Clock: 12-hour clock
    Clock accuracy: ±0·5s/day
    Working voltage: 1·5V (1·25V to 1·65V)
    Average current: 15µA approx.
    Battery life: >1 year
    Overall size: 68 x 35 x 23mm deep
    A plastic bezel is also available for use with the module, size 68 x 35mm, and increases overall depth of module to 27mm. External probes are also available:
    Probe length: 40mm
    Probe diameter: 7mm at base, 4mm at tip.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Under A-Z "D" Display Modules [Optoelectronics]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks cwctv.

Doesnt look like im going to find a small enough one. I might just buy that one and make cut the case a bit more.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    The trouble I always find with that site is finding things you want they name them as something esle it you know what I mean, I only had a quick look could be something smaller if you search hard.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by neattairoski@31 October 2003 - 11:08
    thanks cwctv.

Doesnt look like im going to find a small enough one. I might just buy that one and make cut the case a bit more.
    Your looking for an LCD the size of a case badge? Not gonna happen, its too impracticaly. I would suggest looking for an LED temp screen, just by itself, but I would assume you would have to be advanced enough to know how to wire it in appropriatly, to one of your molex connectors, and if you can find an LED temp one, then just where to place the sensor, but if its just a clean LED Screen, then no idea how you would directly rig a temp sensor.

Just a few thoughts.