Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peer-2-peer

Don't get on your high horse you tosser.

wot a thing 2 say

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Whoever this Demon Internet is, they're dumbasses. There's nothing illegal about p2p in and of itself.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    PAiNKiLLER
    If kazaa is legal then I'd say kazaa lite is also legal. They just can't stop piracy so they are after P2Ps. At least they have to do sth...

Image Resized

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by fr600@31 October 2003 - 20:52
    If kazaa is legal then I'd say kazaa lite is also legal. They just can't stop piracy so they are after P2Ps. At least they have to do sth...
    kazaa lite is illegal...really...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Anyone have more info on this Uk legislation - maybe i&#39;ve been walking round this board blind but i can&#39;t recall seeing much posted about it.
    I expect BT will follow demon&#39;s policies too soon now they&#39;ve teamed up with SBC/Yahoo.
    Big Brother is taking over

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Waveynet,
    Be sure to add this range to your IP Blocker.

DEMON ADSL CUSTOMER FEDERATION AGAINST COPYRIGHT THEFT LIMITED:62.49.226.24-62.49.226.27

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    internet.news
    THe whole issue with copyrighted material is in some ways
    theorietical really scary&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

You are normally allowed to make a copy for you or your nearest
    friends - or you can watch a film you bought together with a friend, right?
    and the friend does not have to pay&#33;

Means it is not logicial, cause to that everybody knows another person, so everyone knows everyone indirectly at least - means: we are a great community
    finally.

It is a same not logicallike ppl starting wars against each other :(

thanks anyway, david.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by waveynet@31 October 2003 - 19:39
    A guy from Demon Internet told me today that from Nov 1st, Peer2peer transfers are illegal...??? This cannot be true surly. So, anyone on here know the real truth, and is the penalty really upto £10,000? And is this worldwide or UK?

(not sure if this is a movieworld topic but (MODS) feel free to move this thread... )
    File sharing is not illegal, KLite is not illegal, K++ is not illegal.

Downloading/Uploading anything you don&#39;t have a licence to? Illegal.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by jfm+1 November 2003 - 05:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jfm @ 1 November 2003 - 05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-waveynet@31 October 2003 - 19:39
    A guy from Demon Internet told me today that from Nov 1st, Peer2peer transfers are illegal...??? This cannot be true surly. So, anyone on here know the real truth, and is the penalty really upto £10,000? And is this worldwide or UK?

(not sure if this is a movieworld topic but (MODS) feel free to move this thread... )
    File sharing is not illegal, KLite is not illegal, K++ is not illegal.

Downloading/Uploading anything you don&#39;t have a licence to? Illegal. [/b][/quote]
    K-lite is illegal, it is illegal in the sense that it has infringed on the intellectual property rights of Sharman networks(Kazaa), in the agreement with Sharman networks using KMD you are not allowed to alter there program and what not, k-lite being an altered version of KMD makes it illegal.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    kazaa liute is not ilegal either is P2P in that case.

if it was appiclation swould be ilegal and kazaa lite would haev been shut down a long tim eago if it was ilegal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast