Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peer-2-peer

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    also thsi took abotu PG and firewal i dotn have a firewall or PG im not paranoid

also another thign FTP server oh if kazaa lite is ilegal i guess they are too

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking@1 November 2003 - 07:15

K-lite is illegal, it is illegal in the sense that it has infringed on the intellectual property rights of Sharman networks(Kazaa), in the agreement with Sharman networks using KMD you are not allowed to alter there program and what not, k-lite being an altered version of KMD makes it illegal.
    I was speaking figurativly, as in, "p2p software" is not illegal. Not particularly klite, etc.

But I 'spose you're right about the sharman issue

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Hey, idiots!

Let's look at the evidence, a guy from a anti-p2p org tells you off top of his head p2p's just become illegal, and now we are all here scared and shouting?!

Can anyone give me a link to a decent or official site about this law?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    K++ is illegal in terms of its a modified version of Kazaa which Sharman has not authorized (and Sharman have been kicking up a fuss about it of late).

I too heard about some UK law that was to be implimented around October the 31st to crack down on filesharing but as with all the other scares and threats I've yet to see something that convinces me to stop sharing files

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    mn04
    is this true that you can get put in jail for 2 years for copying a song from a cd to a mp3 player

http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/1146800

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Kazaa Lite Is Illegal

"Please note that installing this software is ILLEGAL and is in violation of the Kazaa Media Desktop Terms of Use"

taken from Kazaa Lite installer
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    so in court ill just say "sorry i just kept clicking next" it was a accident" and this software installed i wnated to click the back button so badly but i couldn&#39;t stop it from installing once I clicked next

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Originally posted by Adster@1 November 2003 - 13:11
    so in court ill just say "sorry i just kept clicking next" it was a accident" and this software installed i wnated to click the back button so badly but i couldn&#39;t stop it from installing once I clicked next
    LOL &#33;&#33; I like the sound of that &#33;&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by mn04@1 November 2003 - 12:14
    is this true that you can get put in jail for 2 years for copying a song from a cd to a mp3 player

http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/1146800
    As long as you own the original product you may legally back it up, in any way you wish. You do not, however, have rights to distribute the back up.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Be sure to add this range to your IP Blocker.

DEMON ADSL CUSTOMER FEDERATION AGAINST COPYRIGHT THEFT LIMITED:62.49.226.24-62.49.226.27
    how do u do this? i have the latest klite ++..
    it has "ip blocker updater" program, but i can&#39;t add ips.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast