Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magazine NZB's?

BANNED
    lol. How do you think it allows you to search?

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Double Agent
    ya well if ur talking about the supersearch itself; it is a search tool in a software. The good thing about it is that it sorts the posts in an understandable fashion that is easy to comprehend; much easier to use than some of the auto indexer sits or pay site like newzbin, for that matter. You have to deal with website downtime and whatnot, or potential unannounced shutdown -- like we all know so clearly with newzbin~

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    BANNED
    It's merely a client to a server side index. No different than any other index, other than using a windows form app for a front end.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Double Agent
    so what's your point? u got a thing against it? nobody is forcing you to use it.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    BANNED
    No, just thought they might have added something else since I last used it that would make it especially useful for magazines etc? Categories and group browsing, stuff like that?

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Double Agent
    How is it different? it's free; easy to use; and no downtime.

see if ur newzbin beats that.

oh btw, enjoy it while you can; it's not long before they find trouble with the law again.

Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    No, just thought they might have added something else since I last used it that would make it especially useful for magazines etc? Categories and group browsing, stuff like that?
    they extended the search limit and simplified the search interface, making it a more effective searcher.

also you can specify what groups to search, search by poster, and smart select that allow you to automatically select relevant posts.
    Last edited by james_bond_rulez; 06-15-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    BANNED
    Well, other auto indexers are free too. Although tbh, I thought it was only free if you use hacked versions?

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Double Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    Well, other auto indexers are free too. Although tbh, I thought it was only free if you use hacked versions?
    at least it's hackable....try that with newzbin

While they are free, I like that it's integrated into the news client I am using, so I don't have to open up my browser and news client at the same time. Call me lazy, but that's why I like newsleecher over any other clients or sites.

Another cool feature is that you can set retention days as part of ur search parameters, so that you don't download anything out of ur news provider's reach.
    Last edited by james_bond_rulez; 06-15-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez View Post
    While they are free, I like that it's integrated into the news client I am using, so I don't have to open up my browser and news client at the same time. Call me lazy, but that's why I like newsleecher over any other clients or sites.
    I guess that would seem convenient, but I use SAB, so my browser is my client (or more correctly, it's my GUI).

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Double Agent
    good for u

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast