Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assassinate a Pop Star By Illegally Downloading Music

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Assassinate a Pop Star By Illegally Downloading Music
    June 15, 2010

"Anti-piracy campaigns come and go every other month – most of them are either endlessly boring or end up becoming an object of ridicule. A new one just launched takes the form of a site which appears to offer free downloads from top artists, but with a twist. Clicking to download results in various pop stars meeting a grisly end by a bullet to the head or a careless hand grenade.

Many anti-piracy campaigns of the last decade or so have been pretty entertaining in a twisted way, but if you’re the entertainment industries hoping to encourage change they have also been an almost universal failure. The entertainment factor has come from the fact that most of them, especially the “You Wouldn’t Steal a….” campaign, have been unintentionally funny and have provoked a whole stream of parodies.

Undeterred, it’s now the turn of Chinese music publication RE:SPECT to go where no other anti-piracy campaign has gone before. With a fake website which looks like a ‘legitimate’ pirate download site, would be downloaders are suckered in to download music from their favorite stars.

Sadly it’s not all fun for the multi-millionaire artists feature on the site as they end paying the ultimate price for their fans’ piracy.

After clicking on an album cover, users are presented with a download button. Once this is clicked it is the start of a permanent good night for the unfortunate melody maker as they meet with a grisly end.

" Source: http://torrentfreak.com/assassinate-...-music-100615/
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-16-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: fixed spacing

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Oh, man. I sure wouldn't want to hurt the artists I enjoy. Maybe this is a bad idea to download their songs before buying shirts and seeing them in concert where the artists actually make their money.

Thank you, stupid record exec fukz for helping me see the error of my ways. It is ideas like this where I see you truly deserve everything you get in this industry. You are truly awesome and worth every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    lol wtf, as if that can possibly be taken seriously..

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Here we go again.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    BANNED
    Unfortunately, if this is happening in China, then the opposite is more likely to be true, ie it could be the visitors to the site that get the death sentence. The Chinese government likes nothing better than killing its own 'citizens'.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    Unfortunately, if this is happening in China, then the opposite is more likely to be true, ie it could be the visitors to the site that get the death sentence. The Chinese government likes nothing better than killing its own 'citizens'.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China
    Capital punishment is applied flexibly to a wide range of crimes, some of which are punishable by death in no other judicial system in the world.[citation needed] Economic crimes such as tax fraud have appeared routinely among the dockets of those receiving the death sentence, as have relatively small-scale drug offenses. Capital punishment in China can be imposed on crimes against national symbols and treasures, such as theft of cultural relics and (before 1997) the killing of pandas[8]. Corruption, property crimes such as theft, and smuggling gold, silver or other precious metals are also amongst the 68 crimes that are eligible for the death penalty in China.

Capital punishment is also imposed on inchoate offenses, that is, attempted crimes which are not actually fully carried out, including repeat offenses such as attempted fraud. The recidivistic nature of the offenses, not their seriousness per se, is what is adjudicated to merit the capital sentence.
    Saying that though, this looks like it's in HK which has a different legal system. Still, it reeks of government propaganda.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    I pretty much stopped reading at wiki-. The reasons for my post were:

1. I must have skipped over the part where it said "China" the first time I read the article.

2. I realize that China has some serious, f'ked up things going on, but your post had a ring of, "hey, I'll use this as a chance to bash China" to it. I wasn't roused into a political discussion by your comment, but thought it a bit over-zealous.

I doubt China wants to execute file-sharers when it is more likely they could be put into Nike plants labor camps.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    BANNED
    I pretty much stopped reading at wiki-.
    People still use this line?
    Last edited by c0ld; 06-16-2010 at 07:31 PM.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    I pretty much stopped reading at wiki-.
    People still use this line?
    OK, I stopped at "sources needed". People still try to use wikipedia as proof of something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast