Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Administration to File Suit Over Arizona Immigration Law

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Did you happen to read past my second paragraph, pento?

To sum it up, we are on the same side here, I just disagreed with your argument.
    His argument?

Side?

What?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Did you happen to read past my second paragraph, pento?

To sum it up, we are on the same side here, I just disagreed with your argument.
    His argument?

Side?

What?
    A simple diversionary tactic that did not require me to put any effort towards figuring out what pento was trying to say, but still allowed me to tell pento it was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

His argument?

Side?

What?
    A simple diversionary tactic that did not require me to put any effort towards figuring out what pento was trying to say, but still allowed me to tell pento it was wrong.
    Ooooh.

That's serious game.

Poor Pento...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14

Ooooh.

That's serious game.

Poor Pento...
    Think of it as pretending to throw a ball for a dog, then telling the dog to keep looking.

It works as long as your victim is a dim witted canine, or pent.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is the clearest signal that nothing, and I mean nothing will ever be done to control the dangers coming across our southern border?
    Ok so you wanna "feel secure" by making me carry papers and have to worry about getting pulled over by the wrong skinhead whiteboy cop?
    or maybe by outlawing ethnic studies? or wait, maybe stripping the rights of the naturally born?
    ive said it before and ill say it again, Whats happening in Arizona are the DEATH THROWS of a DYiNG race!!!!!
    thanks, bigoted white folk, for showing us how deadly afraid you are of being the minority, idiots.
    It's posts like that that make me wonder I ever bother trying to have a decent discussion in this section anymore. I give up.

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    I can see myself getting that upset if I were being pulled over and harassed for papers/green card because of appearance. The fact is, there are millions of legal, naturally born, Mexican-Americans who should not be harassed any more than you, or I, skiz.

And I have been harassed by local cops. I used to have a delivery route that had me drive ~65 miles a night, through the central portion of our city. I drove a POS truck to do it. I got pulled over for BS reasons. The more you get pulled over, the more likely you are to get undeserved tickets. My "crime" was not having much money. This made me distrust and, at times, disgusted by our local cops.

I can only imagine how angry I would be if the injustices against me were based on race, and lack of money...

What Arizona is doing is reactionary, and wrong. Again, if an area TRULY wants to stop illegal immigration, it will go after (seriously, not just for show) the companies who are hiring and abusing these people.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post

Ok so you wanna "feel secure" by making me carry papers and have to worry about getting pulled over by the wrong skinhead whiteboy cop?
    or maybe by outlawing ethnic studies? or wait, maybe stripping the rights of the naturally born?
    ive said it before and ill say it again, Whats happening in Arizona are the DEATH THROWS of a DYiNG race!!!!!
    thanks, bigoted white folk, for showing us how deadly afraid you are of being the minority, idiots.
    It's posts like that that make me wonder I ever bother trying to have a decent discussion in this section anymore. I give up.
    please guy, like you have anything valid to add? After siding with a known kkk supporter,KOBACH, what can you possibly say that is of any value? Seriously!?

Last edited by l33tpirata13; 06-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Hey, l33t, I think skiz was referring to constructive discussion.

I am sure you have read my posts here, and I am with your sentiments (no trick ), but the discussion won't go anywhere if it is filled with over-the-top comments from either side.

We both know that Arizona (among others) is treating the Mexican and Mexican-American populations improperly. Let's let sound arguments drown out the injustice.

I haven't even brought up corn subsidies crippling the Mexican farmers' livelihood and forcing them to find work elsewhere...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Hey, l33t, I think skiz was referring to constructive discussion.

I am sure you have read my posts here, and I am with your sentiments (no trick ), but the discussion won't go anywhere if it is filled with over-the-top comments from either side.

We both know that Arizona (among others) is treating the Mexican and Mexican-American populations improperly. Let's let sound arguments drown out the injustice.

I haven't even brought up corn subsidies crippling the Mexican farmers' livelihood and forcing them to find work elsewhere...
    ill try not being such a dick. really i will. but dude, look where he's coming from. Believe me when i say that whats happening in AZ doesnt scare me at all. honestly, i know its not going anywhere. besides, someone like me would bankroll off of all the lawsuits i could produce. What really REALLY irks me is all these racists coming out of the woodwork. And they are around my age too, i thought our generation was a bit more tolerant and understanding. I honestly feel let down.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Have you seen Blazing Saddles? It is still as relevant today as it was when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Saddles
    Olson Johnson: All right... we'll give some land to the niggers and the chinks. But we don't want the Irish!
    [everyone complains]
    Olson Johnson: Aw, prairie shit... Everybody!
    [everyone rejoices]
    A VAST amount of this is guided by economics/greed/fear/capitalism. I could have written that out, but they are all one in the same, really. Each of these is based in inequality, not equality.

It is easy to blame someone of a different race, or socio-economical background for one's problems- it always has been.

In terms of social change, I do not see so much of a move towards equality, as I do see a more diverse group getting shit on. Instead of poverty and civil rights being STRONGLY in favor of whites (the "right" kinds, anyway), now anyone who is poor stands an equal chance of staying poor.

There are huge problems in our system. Instead of looking at the big picture, it is FAR easier to point the finger at immigrants, or people who look like immigrants. This has always been done to someone.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast