Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Administration to File Suit Over Arizona Immigration Law

pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post

look dude, im not here to argue your Version of what happened. its a fact that the US teaches a ridiculously REVISED version of what happened there. do you seriously believe all that alamo bullshit? ALL, im gonna say is WOW. and you have a mexican flag on your avatar? baboso.

And you think i dont know what happens to immigrants there? Yeah, its fukt up. REally fuckt up. Dude i wont go anywhere near el DF. Its a known fact that i would probably be either robbed, stabbed, kidnapped, tortured, or killed. PInches chilangos putos. guatemaltecos, hondurenos, basically anyone south of mexico has it the fucking worst. its too fuckt up to put into words. the shit they have to do to make it to WHERE? Yeah thats right retrasado, Here to the US of Anal. where the business owner fucks him or her, and at the same time Us. If They didnt hire guess what would happen?
    Sorry, but it is the truth.

Now, about those employers. How can they get away with how they treat illegal aliens, why do they do it? Because they can. What can the illegal aliens do without fear of deportation? Now, what if they came into the country legally, do you think they would be treated the same way if their abuses could bring about repercussions from the various labor departments and civil rights groups? Legal immigration comes with protection of the law. Illegal immigration comes with no protection whatsoever.

You say you wouldn't want to go to el DF, well guess what, we don't want el DF coming here. In the last few years Cuidad Juarez has had over 10,000 murders. This place is right on the border. I don't want to see that enter this country, and I am sure any person with any brains would want that either.

Also, seeing what illegal immigration has done to the state of California, I can not see why anyone would wish that on this country. If you feel your country is so horrible, why would you leave for another country only the make that country as bad as the one you left?

And yes I do have a Mexican flag in my avatar. It's called being hispanic.
    So if you are legal you won't be discriminated against? is that what you mean? you must be on drugs man, to say something so stupid.
    Now, you say people should come here legally, that's call following the process, but how do you become legal, if there is not way, there is not process to do so?
    What did illegals do to the state of california?
    Where did you get the going to another country you would make as bad as the country you come from?
    That flag of yours is not call been hispanic, that flag is call been mexican, as simple as that. I think someone needs some education around here.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    honestly im really suspicious of you calling yourself a hispanic, in all likelyhood youre not. no self respecting Latino would ever call themselves HisPanic. Thats a white label. now, as far as employers go, how is it that youre saying that they are in the right? it called morals. How are you gonna blame the immigrant coming here out of necessity, and in most likelyhood hunger, rather than blame the greedy business owner who hires them because he wants a yacht?

Now as far as Tejas, seriously guy, do yourself a favor and read "Lies My Teacher Told Me", it will do you alot of good. You dont even have to go very far to find that the US version of what happened there is extremely revised. FACT.

Maybe i dont want all those chilangos over here, honestly i feel you on that one. but dont ever compromise your rights, for NO ONE or NO THING!!!! If your "hispanic", like you say you are, im sure you would not find it too pleasant to be pulled over, asked for papers, having to worry about being wrongfully deported, and just the inconvenience of sitting in a holding cell for any amount of time. Its wrong. Morally and Legally. Truth be told, there is no real way to distinguish a "Illegal" from a "legal". 'Cept for biometrics. Pulling em over and asking for papers is not done with the intent of finding their legal status(thats impossible at the moment), its done with the intention of demeaning and insulting nothing more, nothing less. That piece of paper you have, dont really mean a thing, i can get that on 26th street for about 300 bucks with a state id. so i ask you again whats the point if youre not using biometrics?
    Why would I fear being deported? Seriously? I am a natural born citizen. If I am pulled over and asked for papers, what would I give them? I don't need a visa or green card since I have a drivers license and military id. If I am asked for id, the officer is doing his job (btw it is already federal law that immigrants carry proof they are here legally). If the officer goes to far and I feel "profiled" or whatnot, I have options such as hiring a lawyer.

As far as being Hispanic, 1) one side of my family is from Spain (Hispanic? check), 2) one side of my family is from Mexico which is a former part of the Spanish Empire (Hispanic? check). So therefore I fully fit two seperate definitions of the term Hispanic. Hispanic is not a race but a ethnicity.

Also please notice that at no point have I made an effort to be offensive to you (ask any of the long time members here, they will tell you I am being quite polite for me :-)). If you wish to continue this please note that there is no need to talk the way you have been.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post
    Why would I fear being deported? Seriously? I am a natural born citizen. If I am pulled over and asked for papers, what would I give them? I don't need a visa or green card since I have a drivers license and military id. If I am asked for id, the officer is doing his job (btw it is already federal law that immigrants carry proof they are here legally). If the officer goes to far and I feel "profiled" or whatnot, I have options such as hiring a lawyer.
    you need to read up, if you "look" illegal, they can ask you for papers. that means if you look mexican, or honduran, or guatelmalan, you must produce papers at their will. be it green card, visa, birth certificate, ss #. It doesnt matter your legal status, all that matters is that your appearance gives doubt to your citizenship. Im a natural born citizen too but if a cop asks me for my papers i have to produce the same as juan the illegal. like i said there is no real way to distinguish that without biometrics. you seem to ignore that fact.

officers are doing there job by asking to produce proof of citizenship based on appearance? Sounds really really close to the Gestapo. Eerily close.

so if you feel like your profiled youre gonna hire a lawyer? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkk, good luck with that one.
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 06-29-2010 at 12:35 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Okey-dokey.

You are pulled over for a "pick-em" offense...you are positive you have been profiled.

You provide your papers and are sent on your way, after perhaps ten minutes' inconvenience.

Let us say also that the most intense application of this law results in your being similarly detained a total of...three times over the next several years.

Y'know what?

I'm not too terribly bothered about that, but let's just issue you a state promissory for $100, which yields a reasonable hourly rate.

Face it; you're allowing yourself to be bought off in every other way, so honestly - what's your complaint?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Okey-dokey.

You are pulled over for a "pick-em" offense...you are positive you have been profiled.

You provide your papers and are sent on your way, after perhaps ten minutes' inconvenience.

Let us say also that the most intense application of this law results in your being similarly detained a total of...three times over the next several years.

Y'know what?

I'm not too terribly bothered about that, but let's just issue you a state promissory for $100, which yields a reasonable hourly rate.

Face it; you're allowing yourself to be bought off in every other way, so honestly - what's your complaint?
    first of all, im not illegal so take that load elsewhere. i was born here, and ALL my family got here the right way, by standing in line. Nothing has EVER been given to me at all, so i dont owe you anything. On the contrary, you should be shinin' my Shoes.

i dont know where you come from. Really, im not trying to be insulting. But, youre dreaming if you think anything is going to last 10mins with the cops. Lets say i dont have my id with me at the time because i decide to run to the store really quick and i get stopped, what THEN? you really think its going to last 10 mins? Ive been takin in without an id and i know it takes at the very least 8hrs cuz you have to be fingerprinted. And thats besides the point, shouldnt have to be subjected to any of it. It my Constitutional right. So you think 100 dollars is enough to buy me off huh? Ill tell you what....If you take 100 dollars to point a police surveillance camera at your home 24/7, ill bring papers on my next trip to Phoenix. Without complaint. Lets see you trade some freedom for safety.

Oh, and one more thing....Getting pulled over only 3 times over the next SEVERAL years???? Holy crap, we got a joker in the house!!!! Dude, ive been pulled over more than that in one month. Simply because i had to drive home from downtown at about 3 in the morning.

oh wait, i forget one more thing.....why are you ignoring the fact that asking for papers is not going to insure ANYTHING? Again the only way to do this is BIOMETRICS...Anything else i could buy for 300 bucks at a strip mall in the hood. So whats your arguement there?
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 06-29-2010 at 03:34 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Okey-dokey.

Y'know what?

It would be interesting to see the reaction if white gun owners were subjected to similar profiling.
    Think they'd be so complacent/compliant/cheerful- and willing to be bought off for a C-note- if they were randomly stopped and asked to prove their legality?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    It would be interesting to see the reaction if white gun owners were subjected to similar profiling.
    Think they'd be so complacent/compliant/cheerful- and willing to be bought off for a C-note- if they were randomly stopped and asked to prove their legality?
    Thats exactly what i was thinking. Let us try to take ANYTHING away from a southern religious person. they start crying and quoting John Adams. And notice how i didnt say southern white baptists, cuz that would be too broad of a generalization.
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 06-29-2010 at 03:59 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

you need to read up, if you "look" illegal, they can ask you for papers. that means if you look mexican, or honduran, or guatelmalan, you must produce papers at their will. be it green card, visa, birth certificate, ss #. It doesnt matter your legal status, all that matters is that your appearance gives doubt to your citizenship. Im a natural born citizen too but if a cop asks me for my papers i have to produce the same as juan the illegal. like i said there is no real way to distinguish that without biometrics. you seem to ignore that fact.

officers are doing there job by asking to produce proof of citizenship based on appearance? Sounds really really close to the Gestapo. Eerily close.

so if you feel like your profiled youre gonna hire a lawyer? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkk, good luck with that one.
    Wrong...again.

It strictly prohibits state and local officials from "solely considering race, color or national origin" while enforcing the law. The law is also to be "implemented in a manner consistent with federal laws regulating immigration, protecting the civil rights of all persons and respecting the privileges and immunities of United States citizens."

The AZ bill follows the federal immigration law almost exactly. One that has been on the books since 1965 and yet I've never seen you take exception to it once.

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
    Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

Enforcement

State and local law enforcement officials have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior INS knowledge or approval, as long as they are authorized to do so by state law. There is no extant federal limitation on this authority. The 1996 immigration control legislation passed by Congress was intended to encourage states and local agencies to participate in the process of enforcing federal immigration laws. Immigration officers and local law enforcement officers may detain an individual for a brief warrantless interrogation where circumstances create a reasonable suspicion that the individual is illegally present in the U.S. Specific facts constituting a reasonable suspicion include evasive, nervous, or erratic behavior; dress or speech indicating foreign citizenship; and presence in an area known to contain a concentration of illegal aliens. Hispanic appearance alone is not sufficient. Immigration officers and police must have a valid warrant or valid employer's consent to enter workplaces or residences. Any vehicle used to transport or harbor illegal aliens, or used as a substantial part of an activity that encourages illegal aliens to come to or reside in the U.S. may be seized by an immigration officer and is subject to forfeiture. The forfeiture power covers any conveyances used within the U.S.
    Sounds to me like AZ is doing exactly what the fed law is enabling them to do.

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    OK WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP IGNORING THAT IMPLEMENTING THIS LAW WILL NOT INSURE THAT ANYONE IS LEGAL OR OTHERWISE!!!IF ITS NOT BIOMETRICS THEN ITS NOT REAL!!!

Again, i can get you a perfect replica and id RIGHT NOW. Produced on request. 300 dollars and miguel is michael strawmanski.

If it was just a immigration issue then AZ wouldnt be targeting ethnic studies, and the rights of the natural born. Again, its very thinly veiled KKK running the show. This is a FACT. Do you really wanna take that side?

Keep ignoring whats convenient for you to ignore. Ill just keep being right. You have yet to prove me wrong by any means.

oh and one more thing, its a federal law so that the ICE can enforce it. Believe me i KNOW. State powers and Federal powers are not interchangeable. In that case all the states would be printing money. WRONG YET AGAIN SKIZ!!!! you make it too too easy.
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 06-29-2010 at 07:36 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    OK WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP IGNORING THAT IMPLEMENTING THIS LAW WILL NOT INSURE THAT ANYONE IS LEGAL OR OTHERWISE!!!IF ITS NOT BIOMETRICS THEN ITS NOT REAL!!!

Again, i can get you a perfect replica and id RIGHT NOW. Produced on request. 300 dollars and miguel is michael strawmanski.

If it was just a immigration issue then AZ wouldnt be targeting ethnic studies, and the rights of the natural born. Again, its very thinly veiled KKK running the show. This is a FACT. Do you really wanna take that side?

Keep ignoring whats convenient for you to ignore. Ill just keep being right. You have yet to prove me wrong by any means.

oh and one more thing, its a federal law so that the ICE can enforce it. Believe me i KNOW. State powers and Federal powers are not interchangeable. In that case all the states would be printing money. WRONG YET AGAIN SKIZ!!!! you make it too too easy.

yo

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast