Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combining Split Rar files into 1 Rar file HELP

Urgent

hello guys can anyone help me? i wanna know how to combine split rar files into one rar file i mean the output is still in rar file for exmple 5 split rar file & i wanna combine them into 1 rar file NOT to extract them to become the original file.. <~ I hope you get what i mean...

i wanna know how to do it i search & watch tutorial but i didnt get what i want or is there a way to do it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Extract their contents and recompress them into a single archive?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    if you too lazy you can also do a rar file of the rar files

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    And spend twice as much time extracting the contents
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Normally if you have 5 exe files or even folders, and you highlight them all and right click on the highlighted group, you will have the option there to "Add to Archive". But if you highlight five rar files and right click on the group, there will be no option to "add to archive". To get around it (and you have probably download a few rars with rars inside) put the five rars in a folder and then right click the folder and you will have the option to "Add to Archive" back. The only other way is to extract to the original non-rar files, and then rar them into one big one instead of five fifths. Believe it or not the one big ones properties size will be very close to the same size as the combination of the five (if you highlight them all and right click their properties).

This is the reason when you download a bunch of 200mb rars, and then extract them, and out comes a folder with twice as many 100mb rars inside. The creator wanted to upload 200mb pieces but had 100mb rars on his PC. So instead of extracting to the original files and re-raring into 200mb pieces, he puts them in a folder and compressed the folder into 200mb pieces that you will end up having to double extract.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 06-28-2010 at 01:09 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oh.. you explain a lot.. thanks the reason why i wanna know it cause of the rar repair tool... it only repairs corrupted volumes in single rar but not in multiple so... i wanna combine the split rar files to become a single rar.. but i think its impossible.. thank you guys....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yea usualy repair will not do anything and you cant fix the files even if it was 1 file, you probably didnt get the whole thing or it got corrupted in download.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    newsgroupie
    The main reason why split archives are used is because if a corruption results somewhere along the way, you only need to re-download one small rar file, not the entire movie/iso/etc.

Anyway, WinRar's built-in corruption repair is very limited. It's hardly ever worked for me when I've ended up with corrupt or incomplete files.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    thanks i'll follow all your advice...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gunpaul24 View Post
    Oh.. you explain a lot.. thanks the reason why i wanna know it cause of the rar repair tool... it only repairs corrupted volumes in single rar but not in multiple so... i wanna combine the split rar files to become a single rar.. but i think its impossible.. thank you guys....
    Your right it will not work that way, but if you have five rars and only one is corrupt, you can use the repair tool on just that one file and then try to extract again after renaming the fixed file to the proper sequence name (the repair tool renames it so it can put it in the same folder as the original which you should save a copy of just incase). Most of the time this will only work if the original rars where created with a "recovery record". When you select "add to archive" you will see the check box on the right for Recovery Record and when making your own rars use it to help others fix their file downloads that are corrupt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast