Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Emule or Torrents

Which would you say is better? What are some of the pros and cons of the two? I've never used emule, so I'm curious.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    In a nutshell, eMule's retention for old stuff is fantastic, but the wait times and speeds are exasperating. With torrents it's the exact opposite.

Emule or Torrents
    Definitely, torrents for new stuff.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by diceman89 View Post
    Which would you say is better?
    depends, what you wanna do(wnload)?
    Last edited by Expeto; 06-23-2010 at 08:09 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Torrents are way better in terms of speed . If you can't find something on torrents, and on rapidshare then use emule

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +5
    You can find lots of stuff on emule but ,torrents are better if you want to download new stuff.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    newsgroupie
    I consider Emule a very useful tool in finding rare files. When I'm looking for something, I first search on Usenet, and if I can't find it, then Bittorrent or filehosts like Rapidshare. Then eMule last in line.

There are a lot of things on ED2K that can't be found anywhere else. Just don't be in a hurry

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Whenever i search for a rare album or movie i can always find it on emule . This is the power of emule , the rare files which you can't find on trackers

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Emule still better atm

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by winddy View Post
    Emule still better atm
    And why would that be..?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    eMule has everything, including a f*cking search function. Should be enough reason not to use BitTorrent bs.

The BT speed depends on its seeders, just like eMule's, BTW. "BT is better in terms of speed" is nonsense.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast