Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how safe is it for pirates in the united states ?

what are the chances of getting caught , for a normal user downloading from public or private trackers ?

2. Music   -   #2
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Downloading from public trackers could get you a warning. The anti-piracy organosations send out letters to the ISPs as far as i know. I recommend you to try private trackers instead, there are lots of them, some are more secure than others. You can find private trackers with open signups in the proper section of this forum.

3. Music   -   #3
    brento's Avatar Poster
    yeah i've been downloading from both public and private trackers for about 5 years now, and i've only received one warning from my ISP. if i recall correctly it was for downloading diablo from TPB

4. Music   -   #4
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    I know a guy from us Does for almost 7years and doesn't even get warning once, he ain't a computer pro , just uses an ipfilter

5. Music   -   #5
    If you use public trackers, some sort of IP filtering is a must. It'd also be a good idea to stay away from "sensitive" stuff, such as leaks, CAMs or workprints, where the anti-P2P watch could be focused on.

On private trackers, the risk is reduced but not gone. Generally, the larger a site is in terms of userbase, the less secure you should assume it to be.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Music   -   #6
    Here in our place, piracy of movies and music
    is very rampant to the the point that it has almost
    become a normal part of the society already. From
    downloading music and movies to reproducing it,
    piracy just sux.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 07-08-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Removed fake signature

7. Music   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by echusero View Post
    Here in our place, piracy of movies and music
    is very rampant to the the point that it has almost
    become a normal part of the society already. From
    piracy just sux.
    And you are on this site because....
    Last edited by Cabalo; 07-08-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: removed quoted fake signature

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by echusero View Post
    From
    piracy just sux.
    Coding bots that spam Internet forums with predefined messages plus an advertising link sucks, too.

9. Music   -   #9
    n00b
    It depends!! Now a days there are lot of ways of not being caught using any codes or software, but that ain't good men. Even though there are lot of ways of not being caught, still new ways of technologies are made for those pirates, which is 100% effective and efficient to catch pirates. I really hate pirates!!!! It can destroy different kind industries such as music!!

Stop Piracy

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by reccakeys123 View Post
    new ways of technologies are made for those pirates, which is 100% effective and efficient to catch pirates.
    That's what they want you to think. And it works because the people that don't get caught also don't make threads about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast