Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I Can't Delete A File? Wat Do U Do?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Ok, I've answered this question too many times. So I'll make a thread about this.

U get a box that says the file is being used or something like that when u try to move it, delete it, and rename it rite? well, here's a easy and simple answer that i found myself when i had this problem

Step 1:
    Determine the file ur trying to delete. make sure it's not being used. (Duh)

Step 2: if it's not being used, but it says it is, then ignor the message.

Step 3: Share the folder ur file is in. Don't worry, it's only temporary. Share as in Share in Kazaa

Step 4: Go into kazaa, and in My Kazaa Lite K++, go find the file in there

Step 5: rite click the file and click delete, or click the x

Step 6: say yes, and ur done

This works for everything and every time u get a problem like this.

So people, here it is

EDIT: Oops, Step 7 is to unshare the folder that ur file was in, if u want (OPTIONAL)

EDIT: yes i know nikita parrot dude made a very very good guide for this, but i still think doing this is so much easier. no need to restart or edit registry or anything with safe mode. try it out

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    wow. am i that not welcome to make helpful and easy to use threads about common problems. fine!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    huh?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    very nice instructions or tips whatever u wana call them

again very nice work abu!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Isnt there a reg key that you can make to delete that windows error? =)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cborga1985
    another way is to bring up a dos command prompt and delete the file using this
    command del c:\(your shared folder or whatever folder it in)\(the file your deleting).exe.
    Note: if it say invaild filename or such then right click the file in windows explorer, click properties.
    Then look at where it says MS-Dos name and use that name instead of the original filename.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    for avi there is a reg key

1. Open up regedit
    2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
    3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"
    Close regedit and try to delete the file now

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    yep. reg is also a great way to do it. but there are many people who are afraid of the regeditor.. lol. anyways, this way is easier, and not so frightening.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@28 October 2003 - 21:16
    for avi there is a reg key

1. Open up regedit
    2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
    3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"
    Close regedit and try to delete the file now
    musleman, got a q 4 u. how do u get over 8000 posts? u have like more posts than the mods and admins. how do u do it? how do u find the time to post all that? i'm very impressed.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hmm, i had a file that would delete in the past. it would delet from kazaa klike your tips sugegst or from normal windows. i had to delete it in the Command Prompt (the thing that looks like DOS).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast