Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What.CD - disabled

Quote Originally Posted by ultrauploader View Post
    The points that don't sound like a complete joke on reasons to cheat are the 5th, 6th and 7th.
    What do you propose for users affected by any of the first four points, then?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    cap87's Avatar wait, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    The points that don't sound like a complete joke on reasons to cheat are the 5th, 6th and 7th.
    What do you propose for users affected by any of the first four points, then?
    You already gave the solutions for them in your post
    Last edited by ultrauploader; 07-01-2010 at 09:19 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    I'm well aware of that. It's just that you said the first four reasons were a joke, so I thought you may have something to add.
    Last edited by anon; 07-01-2010 at 09:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    I once had 3 of those 4 problems (1,2,4 in case you're wondering) and that never hurt my torrenting habits.

And the 3rd one doesn't even make any sense to me.

The real reasons of those who use those kind of excuses are because they don't just want to bother uploading or like to cheat the system.

Edit: Oh wait, if by the 3rd reason you also meant the ISP capping your upload speed (traffic shaping), i guess i had 4 of those 4 problems
    Last edited by ultrauploader; 07-01-2010 at 09:49 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    And the 3rd one doesn't even make any sense to me.
    Point 3 = people that don't know how to set their torrent client's settings up, therefore using an extreme number of connections that leaves little bandwidth for uploading (and downloading as well).

Edit: Oh wait, if by the 3rd reason you also meant the ISP capping your upload speed (traffic shaping)
    I meant a monthly traffic cap, and uploading would eat GBs from it, but what you mention does happen as well. My ISP shapes all P2P downloads, as a matter of fact.
    Last edited by anon; 07-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Cheating is such a meaningless activity. Think of it: the "hard to seed" tracker what.cd doesn't even require you to download or upload anything; you simply need to login into your account from time to time to keep it active. Then you can wait for a freeleech period there to build a buffer. Think of bitmetv/bitme: if you can afford to pay for a connection speed faster than dial-up, then you can afford to make a small donation to bitmetv/bitme for upload credit. I am sure that cheating is also meaningless at karagarga even though it's a "hard to seed" tracker.
    Even though I am a bit curious about how cheating works, I find it an incredibly meaningless activity.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Think of it: the "hard to seed" tracker what.cd doesn't even require you to download or upload anything; you simply need to login into your account from time to time to keep it active. Then you can wait for a freeleech period there to build a buffer.
    I.e. having to put the account "on hold" until you can buffer up when there's freeleech, which is coming who knows when, and will cause so much tracker activity your client will be unable to report stats for a long while, and should you close it while the tracker's still non-responsive, you're fucked.

Think of bitmetv/bitme: if you can afford to pay for a connection speed faster than dial-up, then you can afford to make a small donation to bitmetv/bitme for upload credit.
    The only difference from cheating being that the tracker profits from its seeding difficulty if you choose to donate.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Point 3 = people that don't know how to set their torrent client's settings up, therefore using an extreme number of connections that leaves little bandwidth for uploading (and downloading as well).
    Yep, that's what i thought. I said it doesn't make sense because how can you learn how to cheat even before you learn how to properly setup your torrent client?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    how can you learn how to cheat even before you learn how to properly setup your torrent client?
    I never said that. I meant that because of the little amount of data going up, the guy sees himself unable to survive in the tracker, and one way or the other resorts to cheating.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    And nobody is talking about the fact that right now at what.cd you only need to keep seeding whatever you snatched, so the ratio required is very low, starting at 0.00

Also i would never risk my account by cheating or trading. Right now what.cd is the better and only place of its kind, and i would really miss them if i got disabled.

And btw nobody is gonna answer to -nm-? What he said was reassuring to me, and i know what he said is true.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast