Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrentstorm

TorrentStorm

Features

Remembers your torrents, no need to find that torrent link again, and reselect the same download directory to resume downloading or seeding.
    Built in tracker scraping with automatic periodical scrapes, keeps you informed about how many seeders and leechers are connected to the tracker.
    Piece Files - Remembers the state of each piece in the torrent, this greatly reduces the time taken to resume downloading or seeding as it negates the need to re-hash check every piece in the file.
    User Friendly User Interface, all the information you need is available in one window.
    Configurable torrent list, show just the information you want to see in the main window.
    New Features for version 1.1

Windows XP Style support, and IE style cool-bars makes it soooo much prettier
    Uses the latest download client by the Shadow (version 5.8.7).
    Standard Client included (version 3.3, however this does not support a lot of TorrentStorms features).
    Improved reliability on Windows 98 and 2000.
    Extra options added for IP address correction and port range setting.
    Super-Seeder option added.
    Status LEDs added.
    Transfer Pausing. Options added to the tray-icon menu for Pause All, Resume All, and Stop All.
    More columns available in the main list, including Total Bytes Received, Total Bytes Sent and Total Ratio. Keeps track of how much data has been transferred by the torrent since it was added to TorrentStorm.
    PieceMap now shows pieces that are out of place in Yellow.
    Help navigation improved.
    Automatic Web-Version checking.

http://www.torrentstorm.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Yet another BT client...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Actually this is more like a front-end. It uses Shadow's client as the downloader (you can even select which version).

This simply brings all seperate windows into 1 (plus alot of other features)
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nice one..
    I see you can download more than one BT at a time....Obviously this is possible but...does it eat up all bandwidth???

I know this is not in the questions but instead of starting a new thread...

Thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Depends on your BW and the BW used per torrent.
    Obviously if you don't have much you won't be able to download fast.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    WHAT!!!!????

I don't have BW envy....well maybe alittle

Thanks for the info

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Looks like a leech program to me. It says it and your upload and download shows it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1@2 November 2003 - 13:20
    Looks like a leech program to me. It says it and your upload and download shows it.
    Ehm, all 'downloading' done in BT is called leeching, hence the status of an unfinished dowload is always leech.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by danne+2 November 2003 - 22:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danne @ 2 November 2003 - 22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@2 November 2003 - 13:20
    Ehm, all &#39;downloading&#39; done in BT is called leeching, hence the status of an unfinished dowload is always leech. [/b][/quote]
    The whole point in BT is that you upload as you download. That means the files get out so much faster to all concerned.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by danne+2 November 2003 - 08:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danne @ 2 November 2003 - 08:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@2 November 2003 - 13:20
    Ehm, all &#39;downloading&#39; done in BT is called leeching, hence the status of an unfinished dowload is always leech. [/b][/quote]
    Forget what it called look at his download rate then look at the upload. hmmmm............ That&#39;s leeching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast