Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any way to prevent being caught/sued?

Just wondering-I use to be a big torrent downloader, but now I am afraid to get sued. I still download documentaries-not afraid of being sued over those. Any solutions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    first of all, what country do you live in?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Usa...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I'd think if you stay away from big movies and video games, especially if they haven't even been released to the public yet, your chances of not running into trouble will be much better.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Use a Shared Seedbox and SFTP your stuff (Seedboxes are damn cheap now)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
    Usa...
    Eh...that's where I"m at too. And in the few years I've been downloading I haven't received any type of emails(*knocks wood*). Although I don't download through bittorrent exclusively. I also use forums and newsgroups.

If you're going to use bittorrent then I would do what TS suggested. I also (usually)stay away from files that haven't reached the shelves/theaters yet. So I personally believe if you stay out of those swarms then you have a better chance staying off the radar.

Plus if your ISP has a monthly cap I would think not going over it would help also.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
    Just wondering-I use to be a big torrent downloader, but now I am afraid to get sued.
    What trackers are you currently using, and do you have some means of IP filtering?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Get a dedicated server. Goto Wal-Mart and buy a prepaid cc. Goto the library and transfer the money to egold -> western union -> paypal. You can do this in 1hr (I do) Where I live, we have privacy laws, so police cannot request my data. The company can't give up my personal info (may be different in your country).

Install openBSD. If you can't, install what OS you can, jail your user and install truecrypt. Then secure your irc, ftp, ssh, vnc and bittorent connections on the server. Don't forget to have truecrypt on your home computer. If you do this, you won't get caught ever. Even if the police kicks down your door (extremely unlikely if you are just downloading movies/games/music)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    China is safe except something that runs against the government``
    Last edited by diaoooo; 07-06-2010 at 09:31 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    You should stick to Newsgroups for most of the downloading, torrents can be risky.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 07-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast