Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Uk Dial Up

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yes i know, dial up, but its for my girlfriend. shes got a flat for uni, and when she comes home she has no internet, and i was gonna setup a dialup service for her at her house, none of the anytime ones though, just the ones you use for how much you are online. first one that comes to mind is freeserve, but i would like to know if there are anygood dialup better than freeserve. its only really for email, and submitting course work, so it will only get used about an hour or 2 a week. at the weekends.

also, she doesnt want to be paying anysetup fees, or monthly fees.
    TIA,

even better if anyone know any that give it for totally free, e.g acces via a 0800 number.

edit: not to sure if this goes here, but anyway.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    uk2.net (no regestration required)
    freeserve (very good)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    freeserve is one of the best isp's in the UK (because it mine )

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    freeserve was good when i had it a few years ago before i switched to telewest, but it started to go downhill a bit just before i chaanged.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    telewest sucks

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    IMO Freeserve smells - there's times where it becomes overloaded and you get randomly disconnected or can't connect at all, but this is the anytime service, and I'm not sure if other ISPs are any worse
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by Kunal@2 November 2003 - 13:38
    telewest sucks
    imo telewest is a very good isp, the dialup was good when i had it to, i was on from early in the morning, to late at night, and never got cut off.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    freeserve is best 4 dial-up. i never had any probs with them

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@2 November 2003 - 13:47
    IMO Freeserve smells - there's times where it becomes overloaded and you get randomly disconnected or can't connect at all, but this is the anytime service, and I'm not sure if other ISPs are any worse
    freeserve rules, ive got the anytime service, i never get cut off, expcept after 2 hours, theres most likely a problem with your phoneline!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Kunal+2 November 2003 - 20:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kunal @ 2 November 2003 - 20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@2 November 2003 - 13:47
    IMO Freeserve smells - there&#39;s times where it becomes overloaded and you get randomly disconnected or can&#39;t connect at all, but this is the anytime service, and I&#39;m not sure if other ISPs are any worse
    freeserve rules, ive got the anytime service, i never get cut off, expcept after 2 hours, theres most likely a problem with your phoneline&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t have any problems with them either, apart from getting cut off every 2 hours i&#39;m very happy with the service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast