Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best newsreader to view binaries?

Newsleecher all the way, it just keeps getting better and better.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    n00b
    Using grabit and imo verry good,self repair,self extract and so on,and free

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    @Hypatia

You should go to the Usenet Explorer forum and request this.

UE's developer has been quite good at incorporating feature requests into the software. (maybe a bit too good - as UE's ever-growing list of features, options, and settings have turned it into this giant 6-headed monster for the average user who just wants to download an NZB in the simplest way possible)

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Flemishrav3r View Post
    Using grabit and imo verry good,self repair,self extract and so on,and free
    Grabit sucks tbh. It used to be the best free download only client, but it got overtaken fast by SAB and others. Besides it doesn't do headers, which I think the OP is refering to. I had no real complaints with newsbin when I still bothered with headers. The gui always looked dated, but it's fairly flexible and powerful.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yeah I loved Newsbin for headers, only because for some odd reason it would pull them faster than NL and this was a old version though. Now with NL and it's compressed headers and the SS engine now taking about 60 seconds after post to show headers are almost pointless, well that is if you don't mind paying for SS, very very few clients download headers, Newsleecher, Newsbin and I cannot for the life of me think of any others off the top of my head.
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Does Newsleecher still offer unlimited upgrades for life once you initially buy it, or was that Newzbin I am thinking of? I would buy NL for sure if it offered unlimited upgrades instead of only for 1 year like most.
    Last edited by chadw01; 08-07-2010 at 02:30 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    BANNED
    newsbin is permanent, I still have license even though I don't use it. not sure about newsleecher, but most ppl just use a hacked version with SS anyway.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    No unlimited updates for life for newsleecher. U get free updates for a year then u have to update ur license.But the search is way better and with lots of features compared to newsbins search that costs almost twise as newsleecher. ($5\month=60\ year)
    Last edited by Hypatia; 08-07-2010 at 03:35 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Newsleecher has to be the best with the intergrated search. What is it now 800 odd days. Even my Newsserver cant keep up with that, not on binaries.
    Easy to use , regular updates.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by toekneem View Post
    What is it now 800 odd days. Even my Newsserver cant keep up with that, not on binaries.
    Bit of a pointless feature then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12