Thread: Translation And Adaption To Swedish

Juppanese
    WHO, without any knowledge of the Swedish language and or swedish spelling has translated KazaaLite into Swedish.

HELP PLEASE by someone knowing Swedish...

The following sentence(s) is in Swedish.

Ränsa heter inte ränsa, utan rensa.
    "Finn fler sökningar för hemladdning" heter inte så utan: Hitta fler platser att ladda ner från, eller "hitta fler källor" eller "hitta fler källor att ladda ner från"

Ränsa felaktiga... heter "rensa felaktiga eller avbrutna nedladdningar".

Man kan inte hitta fler sökningar... på det sättet som den 13-åring som översatt vill ha det till.

Sorry, for the Swedish

Find another translator...

Juppanese

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I agree that the current Swedish translation is not very good. I can't even use Kazaa Lite anymore! I simply don't understand what the commands mean! There are some pretty serious mistranslations here which serverly damage usability. Isn't there a way to recycle old translations so that people don't have to translate from scratch for every new version?

Could anyone in charge please let me know how I would go about to retranslate the entire thing? Where is the language file? (I've been working as a professional technical translator for 5 years now, so at least it wouldn't get any worse.)

If this is not possible -- how can I get rid of the Swedish UI without having to reinstall the entire program?

/Organgrinder

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    pm paul and ask him for the translation pack, complete it, send it back and im sure he'll make the new version

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Um, how would I go about finding this Paul? I'm a bit new to this forum and don't know how to contact the moderators/admin.

If you could please let me know I would be grateful.

OrganGrinder

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    you can pm him by clicking this link

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    This has been asked before and answered as well. I think it was some english guy who had some swedish knowledge who did it, since no swedes were interested in doing it. (I never use swedish versions of any software so why bother ? ^^)