Thread: Microsoft Dubs iPhone 4 as Apple's 'Windows Vista'

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Microsoft Dubs iPhone 4 as Apple's 'Windows Vista'
    July 14, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart - Source : Tom's Guide US

" Oh, snap!

No doubt busy with Windows Phone 7, its new mobile OS set for launch at the end of the year, Microsoft has kept pretty quiet about iPhone 4. However, it seems one Microsoft executive couldn't resist making just one smug remark about Apple's latest iPhone.

Speaking at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference, COO Kevin Turner compared the iPhone 4 to the not-so-popular Windows Vista and told audience members not to worry about iPhone 4-esque issues happening with Windows Phone 7.

"One of the things I want to make sure you know today is that you're going to be able to use a Windows Phone 7 and not have to worry about how you're holding it to make a phone call," he is quoted as saying. He later added, "It looks like the iPhone 4 might be their Vista, and I'm okay with that."

Turner seemed confident that Windows Phone 7 could take on the iPhone and do some damage to its position in the smartphone market.

"The iPhone's position isn't unassailable," Turner said, according to Computer World. "We're back in the game, and this game is not over." "

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iPhone-4...news-7470.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Makes me glad I stuck with my HTC Android phones. I could chrome the back of my phone and call it an iPod lmao

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom0102 View Post
    Makes me glad I stuck with my HTC Android phones.
    I have the htc hero and I'm not real impressed with it. It takes forever to dial a number from a shortcut on the desktop. Its full of glitches and lags often. It does work though and seems to be getting better with updates.

Once I'm done with this contract I don't see myself going for another smart phone. Plans and phones are to expensive and honestly its just easier to wait and check the net on a real computer.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 07-15-2010 at 08:56 PM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    slomaro67's Avatar capable of more
    I have the Incredible and it IS effing incredbile. Take it over an iphone any day.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Vista was a piece of crap in all the ways. Despite the antenna issue, iPhone 4 is the most successful product Apple has ever launched. I don't think it's a good comparison.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Vista works fine with all the service packs.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    that's not really true cuz vista was significantly different from win xp. iphone 3 to 4 is not such a big revolution.

So, i said it, iphone 4 sucks even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedispork View Post
    Vista works fine with all the service packs.
    did you try win7? you'll see that vista was some crappy beta version of win7.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpius1945 View Post
    Vista was a piece of crap in all the ways. Despite the antenna issue, iPhone 4 is the most successful product Apple has ever launched. I don't think it's a good comparison.
    successful != good

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevaka View Post

did you try win7? you'll see that vista was some crappy beta version of win7.
    Windows is windows. I use 7 and ubuntu but had no issues with vista. Sure 7 is better and we were ripped off with vista but it works(not saying it didn't have problems on release) and is more up to date than xp. Now that linux is finally gaining momentum I'm hoping 7 will be the last microsoft product I buy. I only did it for the games.

I've mentioned before that I think apple is more evil than micorsoft. Its always a mess when someones pc needs to be reformatted and trying to get ipods and things synced back up with itunes. Its proprietary garbage and I certainly wouldn't want a phone through them.

Edit: I could care less about smart phones anymore. I find them tedious to use compared to a full pc. I prefer a hard button phone with slide out keyboard for texting.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 07-24-2010 at 09:26 PM.