Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RevTT

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Do you really think that intelligence or the lack thereof has the slightest thing to do with trading or not trading to get into sites?
    It's not rational to pay for something that's available for free.
    It's not rational to murder other people in the name of religion but that does't seem to stop certain educated people from doing it.
    As with trading or cheating it's a moral and not necessarily an intellectual choice.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    People with brains somehow manage to reason out that by not doing something that you're explicitly told will get you banned, you won't get banned! While the collective IQ of the participants often seems to be in single digits, obviously there are exceptions.

What never ceases to amaze me in their stupidity is that if the OP just made a request for TvT.com or BTN or something like that here, and wasn't a trading moron, it'd probably be filled. But because he decides trading is the smart thing to do, he still lacks a TV tracker and has now lost RevTT. Traders will bitch and moan about how invites are so hard to come by, and yet the entire reason they have problems getting people willing to invite them is because they're traders.

The only reason this isn't an intellectual exercise is because most traders lack the brain capacity necessary for intellect.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 07-16-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    rsomer's Avatar Member
    Some people will pay anything for something if they want it bad enough.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Imagine you are really really thirsty. You really need something to drink.

Now you have option A to get an ice cold bottle of water for free. Option B is to pay for an identical bottle of water.

Do you choose A or B? Everyone who's right in the head would chose A - get it for free.

When it comes to invites, traders choose option B. That's what I call not smart.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Now you have option A to get an ice cold bottle of water for free. Option B is to pay for an identical bottle of water.

Do you choose A or B? Everyone who's right in the head would chose A - get it for free.

When it comes to invites, traders choose option B. That's what I call not smart.
    However, for some traders or simply misinformed people, bottle A is a few miles away. Or so they say.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Imagine you are really really thirsty. You really need something to drink.

The options more accurately being
    stand in the blazing sun for maybe hours and maybe at the end of which the person decides that he does like your style of dress and so declines to even offer you the water
    or
    pay for the water on the off chance it's contaminated or stolen and you could be seriously screwed in the end.

As I see it either way it's a crapshoot so I as I said it's more about the ethics involved ,whether you think that being honest is of more or less importance than being a member of a silly tracker .

Besides comparing something completely unnecessary like bt to something truly essential like water is comparing apples and oranges and therefore not a valid argument .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-17-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Aristocles's Avatar Film Buff
    My thoughts:

I see it as a utilitarian decision based on too little data. Are you guys familiar with the hedonistic calculus? If not, indulge me. It appears that certain folks simply believe that in a pleasure-pain analysis that trading comes out atop. The question is, does it? For me it does not. Here is why:

1) Here at FST, I have never really had any real difficulties getting invites to wherever I wanted to become a member. (I have bitched a bit when they were not forthcoming quickly enough but that is merely my own thorn in the flesh showing itself)
    2) I have a certain ethos that I try to operate under- often failing, and clearing filled with blind spots- and trading/cheating causes certain qualms.

So, for me, the clear winner is to ask for and then wait on invites. If they do not come, what have I lost?

@IdolEyes767:

To quote my mentor from many, years ago. "Yes, in the end, all came be framed as moral arguments". I had just accused of framing every argument in terms of morals. The man is dead now but was a genius of the first order. I recall going to on campus debates and watching him in action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12