Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BitHQ's Wall of Shame

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    The first thing that came to my mind was gaming server's "Wall of Shame". Several servers post IP, game username of "caught" cheaters. So, it's nothing really new.

If they say they'll look deeply into each case before making it public, then i'll believe them to begin with. If you don't like it you can shouldn't join the tracker, or leave the tracker...not worth bitching about it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    The first thing that came to my mind was gaming server's "Wall of Shame". Several servers post IP, game username of "caught" cheaters. So, it's nothing really new.
    Punkbuster, Valve VAC integration at times, most gaming leagues, AA fiascos a few years back etc. Adnuo. Doesn't make it right at all, either.

Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    If they say they'll look deeply into each case before making it public, then i'll believe them to begin with. If you don't like it you can shouldn't join the tracker, or leave the tracker...not worth bitching about it.
    I understand and had decided to go by this before I even made my first reply in this thread. I really hope there is some sort of chance of retribution for the people that can be helped/understood, though. It would be a waste pulling the plug on a bunch of potential good users because people think the time/effort put in is not worth the gains.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok
    If your upload speed is so terrible you can't participate in a system where you're meant to share back, perhaps private BT isn't the right filesharing method for you.
    Or ... spend 10$ on a seedbox and buffer the shit out of trackers and hit and run on everything.I wonder whats the difference between the two methods.

(Pro tip: what sort of things do you think get posted in torrent celeb forums?)
    I believe sharing info including IP address,email etc publically is the issue here.

and lol at the java blah blah blah cheat detection.My ass.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by echohead View Post
    the cheater detection is highly accurate and error-proof
    Wow cool, then there's nothing to worry about. I really want to join BitHQ now. I'm already a member of HDBits but now I believe BitHQ is much better. I'm going to delete my HDBits account as soon as I join.

Just one little question. It will never ever happen, that this cheater detection incorrectly flags an account, will it? I mean it's 100% error free, right? You gave it a long test run before and it's perfect.

The guy who coded OINK's anti-cheat script (which is believed one of the bests until today) once said: there's is no 100% correct cheater detection. Every client can have a hickup once in a while and there will always be accounts that are wrongly flagged.

I guess you made it. You developed the first 100% error free software. Gongrats. How come I never heard of the tracker before when they have such excellent coders?

First I was a little worried. Hey, I mean all my personal data could be published when your cheater detection had some bugs.

But you know what. I trust your coders. You totally convinced me that you're the first one to achieve an 100% error free anti cheat script. You're right to be proud about it.

Please someone invite me to BitHQ.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-17-2010 at 04:54 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Is that the tracker that oorza is coding? I was under the impression it was sorta stalled due to lack of free time.
    its stalled (for the time being), but from what ive been told its my understanding that its close to being finished anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    Personally, that is the first time i have heard of that java tracker, lets see how it does when it is released but PHP and mysql and C are lightweight and can handle lots of peers and connections, java if azureus is anything to go by cant.
    actually java was chosen intentionally because it handles larger numbers of peers better than C/mysql/PHP... its not as efficient for smaller swarms, but for larger sites java apparently works better.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats
    I believe sharing info including IP address,email etc publically is the issue here.
    The issue is that people are completely ignoring this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BitHQ
    Only people from whom we are 100% sure they cheat, we will show these details.
    ...for the sake of being able to claim there will be a flood of innocent people accused of cheating that have their personal information exposed. In reality what will happen is that any account flagged as "cheating" will be carefully reviewed before any information is added to the wall of shame, and a fair number of legitimate cheaters will be blacklisted from several private sites.

Quote Originally Posted by AlyBeats
    and lol at the java blah blah blah cheat detection.My ass.
    you're right, im talking out of my ass and this is all a joke. http://code.google.com/p/shadowolf/

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear
    Wow cool, then there's nothing to worry about. I really want to join BitHQ now. I'm already a member of HDBits but now I believe BitHQ is much better. I'm going to delete my HDBits account as soon as I join.
    There is some overlap between HDBits and BitHQ, but for the most part they serve two completely different purposes. You'd know that if you were on either one.

Just one little question. It will never ever happen, that this cheater detection incorrectly flags an account, will it? I mean it's 100% error free, right?
    It doesn't have to be. All the tracker does is report cheaters/hit-n-runners to staff members. All decision-making when it comes to accounts is handled by them.

You gave it a long test run before and it's perfect[...] I guess you made it. You developed the first 100% error free software. Gongrats.
    I haven't tested it because I have absolutely nothing to do with its development (and never claimed to, either). But it has been beta-tested on a private site tracker and as far as I know everything went well.

The guy who coded OINK's anti-cheat script (which is believed one of the bests until today) once said: there's is no 100% correct cheater detection. Every client can have a hickup once in a while and there will always be accounts that are wrongly flagged.
    Thank you for sharing an obscure and unverifiable quote someone on a site that no longer exists may have said 4 years ago. Funny thing... you dont have to be knowledgeable to say that no cheater detection is infallible. All you need is one single example of it being wrong, even if it was right a billion times before that.

How come I never heard of the tracker before when they have such excellent coders?
    If you're talking about shadowolf, its because the developers arent all that concerned with updating bittorrent forum whores on the status of their project. If you're referring to BitHQ, its because trading whores arent interested in a site that only indexes full dvds and bluray discs.

First I was a little worried. Hey, I mean all my personal data could be published when your cheater detection had some bugs.
    What personal data? The only information BitHQ is going to post are usernames, emails and IP addresses. Many people have different usernames for each bittorrent site they use, email addresses are easily changed (for free) and many places like gmail let you forward mail from other addresses, and there are plenty of ways to spoof/mask your IP address... or you could just move. There's no privacy issue here; cheaters are just crying over privacy out of fear that they could legitimately lose accounts on several sites if their info gets posted on bithq.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bigdaddydude's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This should keep most of the cheaters and tracker collectors away.
    It's best to help your friends and be honest instead of burning bridges. There's alot more to life than being a member of the best private tracker. I'm proud to be part of the best community there has ever been.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Sounds great!

Of course I'm not a member of HDBits. I just made that up to sound cool, you know. You found that out pretty fast you smart boy.

Can I have an invite now?
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-17-2010 at 02:44 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I can't help but laugh when I read such things as "In reality what will happen is that any account flagged as "cheating" will be carefully reviewed before any information is added to the wall of shame, and a fair number of legitimate cheaters will be blacklisted from several private sites."
    This is bullshit. Trackers have too many kids on their ranks, trying to prove their worth by the number of accounts they disable, and now with an even better mechanism, the number of people they snitch.
    Don't think tracker staff are all mature. It's quite the opposite. Mature ones are becoming a gem in the current days.
    That whole system is asking to be abused.

That new "shadowolf" (crap name for a source btw) will easily be beaten. What.cd was beaten, and admitted defeat when they had to ban clients. So it's not that the coder on "shadowolf" will invent the powder. Just don't buy all the things you are told.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Mihai's Avatar Member
    since youre obviously not aware of its existence, allow me to introduce you to shadowolf. its a bittorrent tracker very close to being completed, and will be used on many prominent trackers.

what makes shadowolf different is that its 1) written in java, 2) highly secure even by private tracker standards, and 3) has built-in automatic cheater detection. the cheater detection is highly accurate and error-proof, so these "pro" cheaters you speak so highly of will be either banned from the sites in question, or will have to write a completely new cheating program that takes advantage of an exploit in the world's only java bittorrent tracker.
    Now that's a big statement to make...I'm very curious to see what they can make of it but what I wanna say is:Rest assured, if sombody wants to cheat he will find a way to do that.

But a lot also do it just because they can, I wont lie we get our fair share of cheats, even members that want to cheat the wait time to get SP (even though they cant), so most are just impatient and bone idle (even though letting your client seed for awhile is probably less work than actual cheating lol)
    Now that's true and it's pretty stupid to cheat, in this case on BCG where you just have to seed.And it's not the only one in this case...
    Last edited by Mihai; 07-17-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    cheaters are just crying over privacy out of fear that they could legitimately lose accounts on several sites if their info gets posted on bithq.
    It's funny because he still thinks I either cheat or support cheaters.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast