Thread: [REQ] waffles/what.cd good music tracker

captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    looking to fill my new ipod up, so if anyone can help, cheers.
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    For What.cd, you can take the IRC interview.
    http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    yeah i have seen that, thing is i want to join a bittorrent tracker, i dont want a job there. hoops just aint my thing.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Just saying. The interview isn't that hard and it'd be getting invited through the right means, whereas giving What.cd invites on public forums is forbidden by their rules.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Just saying. The interview isn't that hard and it'd be getting invited through the right means, whereas giving What.cd invites on public forums is forbidden by their rules.
    didnt know that :/

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you can't be assed to learn a bit about the different music formats you'll be downloading, you can't really expect someone to want to give you a free pass around the interview....

Tbh the only real reason one would need an invite is if they're in a banned country, too dumb to memorize a few facts about music encoding, or are a trader/cheater looking for a second account since there's an IP blacklist for the invite channels.

It'll help you hit the ground running when you join the site, and possibly help you avoid a warning (this is especially true if you plan on uploading at some point). The biggest point you need to understand is the difference between lossless formats (FLAC primarily, they might ask you about more obscure ones like ALAC, etc) and lossy formats (MP3, Ogg, AAC). It's never okay to transcode lossy->lossy (aka convert MP3 to another bitrate of MP3, even if the target bitrate is lower), but it is okay to convert lossless->lossless and lossless->lossy.

Other than that, figure out that LAME is an MP3 codec and V0 through V8 are its arbitrarily set VBR quality levels, and figure out the difference between CBR and VBR. That's really all you need to know music wise, though the site anon linked to has a comprehensive list of everything they'll possibly ask you (technical questions anyway).
    Last edited by ca_aok; 07-17-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    If you can't be assed to learn a bit about the different music formats you'll be downloading, you can't really expect someone to want to give you a free pass around the interview....

Tbh the only real reason one would need an invite is if they're in a banned country, too dumb to memorize a few facts about music encoding, or are a trader/cheater looking for a second account since there's an IP blacklist for the invite channels.
    sorry, alot simpler than that, i just dont care about the formats, how its ripped etc. i just like the music.

whats wrong with that?

also i dont intend uploading, my server will keep my account there in good order. i used to upload on oink, so i do know basics, i just dont give a toss.
    Last edited by captive; 07-17-2010 at 07:58 PM.