Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever paid for warez?

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls You
    Only if you could hear (or read in this case).. how much of a leecher you sound like... lol
    Yes I am a leecher who makes use of seedbox,FTP the stuff I actually want to home and then keep seeding there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls You
    I personally like to give back what I download to others, and If I can't achieve that.... I'm not really helping out the community.
    When I cant do that from home,I find alternatives.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    cap87's Avatar wait, what?
    I'm surprised no one commented the whole "filesharing turning into a business" thing.

i guess no one cares. Meh.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrauploader View Post
    I'm surprised no one commented the whole "filesharing turning into a business" thing.

i guess no one cares. Meh.
    You have to ask that to trackers!!! they are the ones make money off people. they are the ones worried with money, not users.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    mysoogals's Avatar Poster
    i paid for vps seedbox, 10 dollars per month for 10mbit/s 10 gb hd, bandwidth 350, used 89gb of bandwidth lots of documentaries , hmm what else, oh yes usenext 1USD for that 5 gb i think or was it 1gb bandwidth, max out 8mb connection every day

in all about 11 dollars it was worth it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    You have to ask that to trackers!!! they are the ones make money off people. they are the ones worried with money, not users.
    How can you say that in light of recent threads about even the 'Main Trackers' looking for donations from it's members due to a shortage of funds? FSC, FTN to name but a couple... then there's even been stoi mentioning how BCG don't even 'make money' into the bargain...

I think you'll find that even though there are a few with massive member bases, who effectively encourage Pay2Leech, there are a far, far greater number who don't 'make money'... most can't even meet their monthly server costs, never mind "make money off people".
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Never:

torrent : invites
    seedbox: shared
    NG: shared or phishing
    RS and other hosts: phishing
    FTP: contribution

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Apart from joining one of those "unlimited free legal music" sites way back when, no.

But to their defense the network, which was some kind of highly modified music file only program (think part of network or program name was gIFT or something like that), and actually found the stuff you were looking for, was quite nice. Although by today's standards the audio quality sucked.

I remember trying Limewire while a member there and dumping Limewire for that other program, even though Limewire was free.

Back then you could get scammed, without feeling like you were scammed. Especially since it was something like $19.99 for two years and included an active request forum on site.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    i spend 87€ each month on seedbox. reach high class on almost all decent trackers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    warez means free
    who the hell pays?
    Lonely?.....Come to our IRC and make some friends

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Never for downloads, but a vpn might be worth it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast