Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: wth is Skittles

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prone44pokemepls View Post
    Oh, you thought he was fishing for a invite?

Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeatmeoffpls View Post
    It seemed like he was beating an already dead horse.
    No.He already knew what kinda tracker it is (or the posts above him clearly explained it).And I dont know how my above post lead you to interpret it as fishing for an invite.
    Last edited by A; 07-21-2010 at 02:23 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    You ever gonna learn how to properly quote pone? :p

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeatmeoffpls View Post
    It seemed like he was beating an already dead horse.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Supervisor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    I saw that mistake and corrected it soon before prone44 posting.
    Last edited by AbyBeats; Today at 07:34 AM.
    Time of prone44 posting:
    Today 07:41 AM
    Last edited by A; 07-21-2010 at 02:29 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    My keyboard must be playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Supervisor View Post

]
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prone44pokemepls View Post
    This is getting ghey. No offense aby or anyone.
    Last edited by pone44; 07-21-2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: blame the layout

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787
    I think the pertinent points from "what makes us different" are that is an extremely judgmental site run by extremely judgmental people who for some reason feel the need to try and prove themselves superior to anyone else.
    i believe this to be 100% true

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok
    It's a ghost town that eventually realized that their inactivity rules, while interesting in principle, ended up banning their entire userbase. Dead tracker, dead forum, one of their staff described it to me in IRC as a "failed experiment". While I understand new people still join from time to time other than e-peen I'm not sure what it's doing for them. A few hundred people (more realistically <100 active) doesn't make an amazing community, it makes a ghost town.

What I never understand is that since there are so few people that are actually active there, that if you don't know one of them there's absolutely no point in you joining. Why join a tracker where it's basically a group of folks who all already know each other and have no clue who you are or why you joined?
    you, sir, are a scholar

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Champo101 View Post
    Alright I've heard very little info about it and I've heard it's: (e word coming up: Exclusive) Now I don't want to get in at all tbh but I'm just wondering. What the hell is Skittles? What does it have? What makes it so special? What? Also I'm too lazy to really search. pretty much the only thing I've eve heard about it is that it has movies,TV and it looks crappy. So what is it really?
    I think the pertinent points from "what makes us different" are that is an extremely judgmental site run by extremely judgmental people who for some reason feel the need to try and prove themselves superior to anyone else.

Anyone from that "special community" wants dispute that with a reasonable argument beyond the standard sycophant mantra "you're not a member so you don't know what you are talking about.You are just jealous " feel free.

@Champo 101 I never took you for a genius but I thought you were at least smart enough not to go looking for this type of elitist ...,no I'm sorry I mean exclusive, site.
    And you know all this how?.. If you read Schiz0's older posts you will see whats it all about. All FST can do is create their own hype about a tracker. Can you back up what you said above? I believe the answer is NO. And yes the site is small and community based, not "elitist". But if thats what you get called for being a small tracker so be it, create your own hype

Also the more you label a tracker as "elitist", the more Traders/Collectors(Majority of them are on FST) try to get in.

Edit: Why so much hate towards a tracker/members sir?

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    i believe this to be 100% true

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok
    It's a ghost town that eventually realized that their inactivity rules, while interesting in principle, ended up banning their entire userbase. Dead tracker, dead forum, one of their staff described it to me in IRC as a "failed experiment". While I understand new people still join from time to time other than e-peen I'm not sure what it's doing for them. A few hundred people (more realistically <100 active) doesn't make an amazing community, it makes a ghost town.

What I never understand is that since there are so few people that are actually active there, that if you don't know one of them there's absolutely no point in you joining. Why join a tracker where it's basically a group of folks who all already know each other and have no clue who you are or why you joined?
    you, sir, are a scholar
    Meant only for th0r , others are not going to get it anyways...

Ric you started off again? If you Pm staff members on multiple other trackers asking about Skittles or invite, you are not getting in... I hope you know what I am talking about

BTW: you had a similar problem with the rabbit...
    Last edited by rainbowman; 07-21-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/DaMan0591/bccminisig1lp2.png

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Cobass's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    ken i hez invites?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    HongLeong's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobass View Post
    ken i hez invites?
    you will watch Repo Men only 2month later.. want it?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Anyone from that "special community" wants dispute that with a reasonable argument beyond the standard sycophant mantra "you're not a member so you don't know what you are talking about.You are just jealous " feel free.

@Champo 101 I never took you for a genius but I thought you were at least smart enough not to go looking for this type of elitist ...,no I'm sorry I mean exclusive, site.
    And you know all this how?.. If you read Schiz0's older posts you will see whats it all about. All FST can do is create their own hype about a tracker. Can you back up what you said above? I believe the answer is NO. And yes the site is small and community based, not "elitist". But if thats what you get called for being a small tracker so be it, create your own hype

Also the more you label a tracker as "elitist", the more Traders/Collectors(Majority of them are on FST) try to get in.

Edit: Why so much hate towards a tracker/members sir?
    As I've stated on numerous occasions I "hate" very little in this life and reserve whatever hatred I do have for things that are truly grievous ,bt not being one of them.
    I will say that for the people that I know to be associated with aforementioned tracker in my opinion the statement I gave completely applies as does btw the term small-minded.

As for "how I know ?" see previous highlighted and underlined statement which you seem to completely ignored and gave me precisely what I didn't ask for .

Lastly can I back up anything I said? Yeah seemingly about as well as you can so it's basically a case of ( one of us at least) being civilized people we must agree to disagree.

Oh I forgot .Yes the WTAW is a terrible contrivance and if you really cared about anything I say beyond some toady one running to you about any statement that immediately effects you then you would would have seen that no one has been more vocal against it than I have, but seriously you need to face reality and accept the fact that your little closed "communities" by the mere fact of how they have chosen to operate are the true reason for being high on traders "I want " lists and not because of any "hype" generated by FST.

PS I'm pretty certain Augusta CC uses the same kind of twisted bs as you apply here when asked why they keep women out.

Seriously for all I care you can all the little elitist places you want but don't be so delusional to see them as anything but(Yes I know you are all "friends" and it has absolutely nothing to do with one's alleged "stature" or as you would probably prefer importance,in the bt world ).

PPS also as stated on numerous occasions I don't take anything very seriously that is written here by anyone under a nom de plume.Simple fact of life.

PPPS the only reason I felt the "need" for the original diatribe was that I didn't want Champ101 to go down that same elitist path as you have chosen to walk.And btw enforced "community" is no community at all
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-21-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Hehe, I came for a golf reference, and got Augusta CC, coming out of this thread happy.
    /Still remembers a time when Skittles did recruitment (something akin to CN's or M-V's recruitment threads)
    //Some interesting points, back to the IRC I go *POOF*

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast