Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: wth is Skittles

Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Damn, that's one rainbow I never want to taste.
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Cmon chief, you must love skittles. The sour and tropical ones are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    Damn, that's one rainbow I never want to taste.
    Last edited by pone44; 07-22-2010 at 05:33 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    You're all missing the real question: what kind of fag uses "rainbowman" as an alias?

Skittles is a tracker, hype of the tracker is driven by people on the outside looking in. Most of the Skittles threads here have been started by people wondering what it's all about (a small minority started by bitter banned users). If you haven't got the idea by now then let me reiterate: Skittles is just a big circle-jerk run by donkey/sheep-lovers. If you're not into that then the place is not for you. The site itself is shitastic and is designed so you feel all ghey as soon as you log on. If you join the site you better have lube ready since the gheyness is just a prelude to mass amount of cawk forced down your orifices.

No wait... You're not a member so you don't know what you are talking about. You are just jealous or bitter about the lack of cock you have!

Am I doing it right?
    Last edited by Alco23; 07-22-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Sharing the love

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    taste the rainbow

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I do actually agree with rainbowman to some extent, you can't see the whole picture of what Skittles is if you're not a member. But on the other hand, freedom of speech is supposed to be one of the pillars of our civilisation...

I'm getting old and this is something I've picked up along the way: Repression may not give you the results you want, but in fact the exact opposite. Trying to pressure members into being active may result in disabling a large portion of them for inactivity. If I'm active at a site, it's because I like it, not because I am needed to be.

Just my 2 cents, and while they're not really needed, they're ALLOWED.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokhtar View Post
    but if i want dl latest movie to watch i can't dl from there? if i'm dedicated member i have to wait 2 months to get my movie?

anyone still uses such tracker?
    the answer is yes. i'll point you to sites like cinemageddon and it's sister tv site. the sister site has 5 year rule or something. works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I'm getting old and this is something I've picked up along the way: Repression may not give you the results you want, but in fact the exact opposite. Trying to pressure members into being active may result in disabling a large portion of them for inactivity. If I'm active at a site, it's because I like it, not because I am needed to be.
    but this is how most private sites work. a fair portion of members that join do it so out of curiosity and/or b/c of outside hype about the tracker. once they join, they usually are active for 2-3 weeks, making few posts here and there. then they just disappear or just login once in a while to keep the account alive (for whatever reason). there's nothing wrong with these puring members. meanwhile, those who are active through, actually like the site, are active, and won't get purged.
    Last edited by chinchi11as; 07-22-2010 at 12:39 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What an ugly design !

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    but this is how most private sites work. a fair portion of members that join do it so out of curiosity and/or b/c of outside hype about the tracker. once they join, they usually are active for 2-3 weeks, making few posts here and there. then they just disappear or just login once in a while to keep the account alive (for whatever reason). there's nothing wrong with these puring members. meanwhile, those who are active through, actually like the site, are active, and won't get purged.
    Yes, but if there are some rules put in place where a relatively large amount of activity is needed not to be purged, the users that would've liked the site without them, now won't (at least some of them).
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alco23
    The site itself is shitastic and is designed so you feel all ghey as soon as you log on.
    i actually suffered a mild seizure the first time i saw their style sheet

does that count?

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    the answer is yes. i'll point you to sites like cinemageddon and it's sister tv site. the sister site has 5 year rule or something. works just fine.
    You can't compare something like Cinemageddon's year rule with Skittle's two-month rule. Skittles themselves say that the only reason for the two-month rule is so they can be off the radar. Cinemageddon disallows anything that has come out within the last 12 months, and even once a new movie has had a 12-month run, it most likely won't get uploaded to Cinemageddon anyway because there aren't many new movies that fit Cinemageddon's theme. The 12-month rule doesn't affect Cinemageddon anyway since they're such a niche tracker. That is why their rule "works just fine". There is always content available to be uploaded that fills their niche, so the tracker stays fresh. Skittles doesn't particularly have a niche (flac, movies, movie apps?). Well, actually, I guess they encourage "homerips". That's not really much of a niche anymore either, when you consider that many trackers have their own encoding groups, Wunza exists, and most things on Cinemageddon and TV-Vault are ripped by users.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567