Thread: uTorrent error message

Poster
    It says "The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open." after a while of downloading.
    I am guessing its some kind networking or hard drive or software program with my computer?
    I dont use any antivirus or peer guardian software
    I'm guessing something extra is accessing my torrents?
    I did a quick google search and found some links
    Last edited by ezE; 07-21-2010 at 01:55 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Have no idea. Check the uttorent forums if nobody helps you here.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=456200
    Last edited by pone44; 07-21-2010 at 02:01 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    I did a registry clean like 3 weeks ago, that might have caused it.
    I tried running a force recheck

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Try defragmenting your hard drive. It sounds like it's trying to overwrite a piece of your hard disk that's currently in use by a program.

Do you use TrueCrypt or have any TrueCrypt containers on your computer by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    no truecrypt but i will try a defrag thanks cause the force recheck didnt work, it immediately errored out

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I ask because the only time I've ever seen something like that is when I was torrenting into a truecrypt container with a hidden inner container and write protect turned on. Even though uTorrent sees the drive space as "free", it's actually protected by the hidden truecrypt container and refuses to let you write new data, causing a similar error. In your case though, I have no clue. Even a simple computer restart might help.

You aren't trying to watch or listen to the file while it's downloading, are you?

Also, how much free space do you have left, and do you have "Pre-allocate all files" turned on in your uTorrent settings (in the General tab)?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Champo101's Avatar Im That Guy You Like BT Rep: +1
    Just right click and hit start. Whenever I get that message I just do that and it says that every so often in the download and just starting it up again normally fixes it for a while.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Happen to have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 installed?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Champo101 View Post
    Just right click and hit start. Whenever I get that message I just do that and it says that every so often in the download and just starting it up again normally fixes it for a while.
    You are telling me to put a bandaid on a cannon ball wound. In all my years of torrenting I've never had any problems at all. Why should I suffer having to restart downloads every 15 minutes?
    Preallocate was off
    I have restarted all the time.
    On this HDD I only have 335/455GB free
    I HAVE NO BACKGROUND APPS RUNNING (NO ANTIMALWARE AT ALL)
    I am a really busy person in which my computer is always working hard too so I will let ya know soon as I run a defrag or research this some more.
    Thanks to all! CA_AOK it seems like you know your stuff, thanks