Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to honesty?

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Sherrod received her 3 White House phone calls demanding her resignation prior to Fox first reporting the story.
    I already mentioned them
    But the piece of shit blogger and fox have an agenda, they do this for a living. The people who have no excuse are the ones that made the innocent victim quit her job.
    How is it wrong when Fox reports that the White House demands her resignation for saying the following?: *insert video here*

Seems to me they simply reported it the White House's actions.
    you must have missed the entire day before the whole video was released where they were pimping the edited video while screaming with outrage at how a black racist could be working for the government AND DEMANDING SHE BE REMOVED . You must have only seen the next day when they pretended they hadn't.

They got the story wrong, they took an edited video from a proven unreliable source and ran with it without investigation. They even complained that the other networks weren't showing it.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 07-22-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: ADDING THE CAPITALIZED BIT

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    .AND WE ARE KICKING YOUR ASSES.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO KICK YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES UNTIL SUCH TIME AS WE DECIDE YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Ooooh.
    You used caps and bold font...so it must be true!

A Fox News move if ever there was one.

@Skiz:
    Your timeline is delusional, that's simply not how this went down.
    Last edited by clocker; 07-23-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Hey, fellas...what happened to straight journalism?

As to the question of honesty, shove it - your side doesn't practice it either.

Liberals on 'Journolist' Wanted Government to Shut Down Fox News

Matt Lewis
    Columnist

Appearing on Fox News' "Hannity" on Tuesday night, ............
    I seen Fox and News in the same sentence, so I didn't bother. Everyone knows they're not a real news organization. Unless you consider Sarah Palin an investigative reporter.

Here, let me guess what that rant was about..........Fake indignation.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    This is what Fox News does.
    While pointing their finger at the "liberal media", they lie and distort claiming all the while that they- and only they- are "fair and balanced".

From top to bottom, from their "news cycle" to the evening pundits, Fox is nothing but the mouthpiece of the radical right.

Why anyone watches or takes them seriously is beyond me.
    Get over it. The other cable news networks are a mouthpiece for the liberal left, but I've never once seen you question their legitimacy in that context.

Sherrod says she received three separate phone calls from the White House saying they wanted her to resign. Is the White House listening to Fox News?
    Nice its refreshing to hear the "I Know you are but what am I" defense. Classic!!!!!!
    And who called her from the White House? Obama?

You guuuuuuuuuuuuys.
    I just gave it the whiney tone it deserved.

Sherrod received her 3 White House phone calls demanding her resignation prior to Fox first reporting the story.

How is it wrong when Fox reports that the White House demands her resignation for saying the following?: *insert video here*

That's telling them, Skiz.

Don't expect them to go quietly.
    I'll just walk away slowly and avoid making eye contact.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post
    I seen Fox and News in the same sentence, so I didn't bother. Everyone knows they're not a real news organization. Unless you consider Sarah Palin an investigative reporter.

Here, let me guess what that rant was about..........Fake indignation.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    This is what Fox News does.
    While pointing their finger at the "liberal media", they lie and distort claiming all the while that they- and only they- are "fair and balanced".

From top to bottom, from their "news cycle" to the evening pundits, Fox is nothing but the mouthpiece of the radical right.

Get over it. The other cable news networks are a mouthpiece for the liberal left, but I've never once seen you question their legitimacy in that context.

Sherrod says she received three separate phone calls from the White House saying they wanted her to resign. Is the White House listening to Fox News?
    Nice its refreshing to hear the "I Know you are but what am I" defense. Classic!!!!!!
    And who called her from the White House? Obama?

You guuuuuuuuuuuuys.
    I just gave it the whiney tone it deserved.

That's telling them, Skiz.

Don't expect them to go quietly.
    I'll just walk away slowly and avoid making eye contact.
    You sure are worried about little old Foxnews, considering the democrat juggernaut that is Obama.

I mean, really - nobody even watches Foxnews, right?

What in the world are you concerned about?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    What in the world are you concerned about?
    Have you watched the clip and the whole video, Kev?

Breitbart is still claiming that it shows the audience cheering and applauding Sherrod's "racist rant".

So, did you see anything like that?
    Did the snippet that Fox News has on permanent loop look like a "fair and balanced" representation of what the speech was about?

Breitbart has proclaimed himself "public enemy #1" of Dems and makes no apology for his agenda driven "reporting"- in fact, he now claims that he's the oppressed/discriminated against victim in this debacle.
    That sound about right to you?

When he comes out with his next "expose", how likely are you to believe it?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You overlook the fact I have said nothing whatsoever about Sherrod, or Breitbart's alleged role in the affair.

Glenn Beck can arguably be said to have initiated the turnaround from Breitbart's conclusion, and Vilsack and the administration are looking like assholes over the whole thing.

Beyond that, I really don't care.

The fact is, with Foxnews (however characterized) on one side, and the balance of media on the other, significant progress is being made in short-circuiting the liberal agenda, and I await the mid-terms with great anticipatory glee.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Yeah boy, I know you can hardly wait to return to the nineteenth century.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12