Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: top torrent trackers for polygot language students??

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Brazil/Portuguese: manicomio-share

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Instead of hunting down specific trackers (though, I'm sure they exist) why not visit a place like TL or TB, considering they race a lot of foreign stuff?
    Simply because the particular language oriented community isn’t present on these general trackers that you are referring to. On most or probably ALL of these trackers, there is stipulation listed in the rules of the forum that there is to be no other language other than English spoken in the forums amongst the community. This doesn’t help with language skills. Nevertheless, just because a site has this rule doesn’t mean it isn’t the best tracker associated a particular language. For example, jpopsuki.eu is the best tracker for jpop but the site in interfaced in the English language, even though Japanese can be spoken there as well, from what I was told in the IRC channel. BUT the native speakers of the language will know which tracker is the best for their native tongue.
    What's wrong with specific language forums, where this question would probably be answered relatively promptly?
    Not true from my experience. By far, the absolute best language forum on the net, is unilang.org and any discussion regarding illegal file sharing (bittorent and the like) on that forum is explicitly forbidden. (I’ve been a member there since ’04, best language forum period)
    I speak 4 languages, myself.
    That’s what I assumed. I'm certain that others here speak 6 or 7 languages naturally. The only individuals I would expect to be monolingual would be Americans. But a lot of them speak at least a little bit of Spanish, so they are bilingual, which is great!
    As for the PM, you'll find it in your inbox tomorrow.
    I’ll be looking for it, thanks!
    Last edited by unknown1_; 07-25-2010 at 03:09 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Wouldn't it be easier to ask your friends who speak the respective languages to go and search the web themselves? Search for smiliar forums to filesharingtalk and ask there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    @NesteaZen - Yeah, I presume we could do that for some of the languages, actually some of the languages we will have no choice but to do that. But I also think it's best to inquire here as well since, if I'm correct, FST is still be the best place to ask this type of question regarding torrents.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    elbuitre's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent. Both are from Spain I think, with a majority of Spaniard users; They do have a lot of stuff from all spanish speaking countries though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by elbuitre View Post
    spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent. Both are from Spain I think, with a majority of Spaniard users; They do have a lot of stuff from all spanish speaking countries though.
    Out of the two you listed, which one is the best? And also, would it also be the best place to find rare salsa/hispanic music?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent.
    BT-Arg is another, Argentine one, although as of my last check, speeds and peer activity really lacked over there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent.
    BT-Arg is another, Argentine one, although as of my last check, speeds and peer activity really lacked over there.
    Please gentleman, only list the one which is the best. NOT two or a random list. (as requested in the first post) Thank you though!! ^^

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown1_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

Please gentleman, only list the one which is the best. NOT two or a random list. (as requested in the first post) Thank you though!! ^^
    I'd take that as an insult if I was anon lol.
    Dood other than the attitude,I fail to understand why you want to speak 20 languages.If it's for college then I think 4 or 5 is enough to get you into any good school out there.If you intend on being a teacher then I also doubt how effective you'd be with surface proficiency in 100 languages.

The last viable theory I can think of is that you look upto ban ki moon and you got this UN interpreter thing going on in hope that you'll overhear an assasination plot in a foreign language and eventually land a movie deal based on that conversation.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster
    Please do not take it as an insult by any means. I am simply looking for one that's all. I didn't insult him in any way as far as I see but if I did then I do in fact apologize. No offense intended.

About the other languages though. Well, we all like languages! I don't know of any other simpler way to explain it. Ringhunter speaks fluent four languages and has a basic understanding of many other languages from what I gained from his messages to me. I can guarantee that I speak far far fewer languages than some of the other more educated members here. I simply love to learn even if it is "in vain" in the opinions of some. I always have fun learning and teaching.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast