Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Ultimate Platform War Thread

Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+3 November 2003 - 16:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 3 November 2003 - 16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@3 November 2003 - 06:45
    PC: Pros

More game availibility
    and "WTF?" there were like 8 pc games released this year, and only 3 of them were worth playing. [/b][/quote]
    What the hell are you on about?

A magazine I read reviewed about 20 games only this month.

And you are saying that most of the console games released are not crap? HAHAHA.

Alot of them are greedy film companies cashing in on the small kids at Christmas time. Look at some of the console games, WDL Thundertanks. My mate rented this and it was shit&#33; I was sad to see about 50 other games in the shop that looked basically the same.

Another thing about consoles - no innovation. All the game innovations come from the PC.

Console = platformer, the odd crap FPS, some unplayable strategy game, some other games
    PC = Great games over loads of genres (which were probably created by PCs in the first place)

A good thing about consoles [for once ]:
    They are great fun to play with a bunch of mates, drunk or not
    You can get those nice light gun thingies, and all sorts of strange controllers

I know this doesn&#39;t matter to a lot of people in this forum, but prices of console games are getting over the top. Most of the N64 games costed around £60&#33;
    PS2, Gamecube, XBox all are stepping up to around £50 now. Hell you can buy a pretty nice graphics card for a console game&#33; Nevermind what you could get if you didnt buy 4 console games&#33;

2. Games   -   #32
    of course most of everything is crap. most games on any platform are crap. most movies, music, books, etc are crap. most people are crap.

fuckit. nevermind. i wrote a whole thing about PC games relying completely on stale old formulas, but it&#39;s pointless. may as well be arguing about religion, because there&#39;s no reasoning with the average graphics fetishist who thinks there&#39;s anything innovative about Doom 3.

3. Games   -   #33
    Poster
    i like to play on PC but i always go to my PS2 for sports games like madden and Live

proud to be american

4. Games   -   #34
    Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by Mad Cat@6 November 2003 - 20:45
    [QUOTE=3RA1N1AC,3 November 2003 - 16:38]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp,3 November 2003 - 06:45

Another thing about consoles - no innovation. All the game innovations come from the PC.

Console = platformer, the odd crap FPS, some unplayable strategy game, some other games
    PC = Great games over loads of genres (which were probably created by PCs in the first place)

A good thing about consoles [for once ]:
    They are great fun to play with a bunch of mates, drunk or not
    You can get those nice light gun thingies, and all sorts of strange controllers

I know this doesn&#39;t matter to a lot of people in this forum, but prices of console games are getting over the top. Most of the N64 games costed around £60&#33;
    PS2, Gamecube, XBox all are stepping up to around £50 now. Hell you can buy a pretty nice graphics card for a console game&#33; Nevermind what you could get if you didnt buy 4 console games&#33;
    How can you say no innovation?&#33; The only games I ever see on PC are FPS&#39;s (mainly), 3rd person games and strategy.

Consoles have all of those (except top-down view strategy DOES suck on consoles)
    Halo and Turok Evolution (just an example) are brilliant FPS&#39;s with smooth controls and Excellent graphics.

The most experimental gams come out for consoles, games like Gitaroo Man, Dance Dance Revolution, Silent Scope, Time Crisis, Frequency, Cookies and Milk and that game where you draw your characters and the game translates them to 3D Characters in real time.

I also agree with the other guy that you can&#39;t play old games on consoles, But, it&#39;s cheaper to buy a new console every 3 or so years then it is to upgrade every 8 or so months&#33;
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #35
    Originally posted by Vamp@7 November 2003 - 05:13
    The most experimental gams come out for consoles, games like Gitaroo Man, Dance Dance Revolution, Silent Scope, Time Crisis, Frequency, Cookies and Milk and that game where you draw your characters and the game translates them to 3D Characters in real time.
    exactly. the average japanese console game designer has more innovation in his finger than a roomful of american PC game designers have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234