Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cross Seeding

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    What trackers do not allow cross seeding, if any(besides internal encodes and packs)?
    I don't know of any where I'm a member of but anon-sbi mentioned SceneFZ as one example (https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...=1#post3490122)...

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster
    sorry duplicate post and i can't find any delete button...

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilly View Post

It just means that you have not come across any that have identical hash (and you can check the hash under the general tab).

If you don't believe me, create two torrents with the same files, one right after another with different trackers and don't change anything in the file structure, then try to add both to your client. The generation of the Hash are case sensitive. All it takes is one torrent site to have a letter with a capital in it, and another without a capital and you have a different hash. I've been admins on several trackers, and when people merge tracker URLs they always think they are cross seeding and not doing anything, because "someone told them there is nothing wrong with cross-seeding." Users need to understand what is right, and what is wrong. Just because its a second torrent from a different site does not mean that it will always work 100% of the time as a second torrent.
    There are two sites that I regularly upload to. I never change the files or the file names in any manner. One of them has 4-5 times more traffic on average if not more. Which means that I would stand out like a sore thumb to the site with lesser traffic. And it is a very veteran group of staff members that have been doing this for quite awhile. I am sure they would have said something and/or noticed. I am not believing what you are saying or I am misunderstanding. Or I am simply wrong.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post

There are two sites that I regularly upload to. I never change the files or the file names in any manner. One of them has 4-5 times more traffic on average if not more. Which means that I would stand out like a sore thumb to the site with lesser traffic. And it is a very veteran group of staff members that have been doing this for quite awhile. I am sure they would have said something and/or noticed. I am not believing what you are saying or I am misunderstanding. Or I am simply wrong.
    Maybe this will help explain it better... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=33813

Note the answer from the utorrent admin -

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post

Maybe this will help explain it better... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=33813

Note the answer from the utorrent admin -

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345