Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kazupernodes 1.4.7

Development system up and running again

Already fixed the 'wrong argument' bug and a bug in KZN that left the icon in the tray after closing KZN.

If I remember correctly I had suggested to have a delay, or option for KaNAT to wait to go into autostartup since the client would not yet be open. Of course this does not happen, the error pop up, if the client is opened first, though that would defeat the purpose of that feature.
    Startup delay is no good idea. I tried it but Kazaa sometimes needs longer to start up as expected. KaNAT has to wait until Kazaa has started AND is connected. I think I'll find a way to do that. Already did something similar in KZN.
    <span style='color:blue'>K-Lite v2.7
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by FTFakes@19 November 2003 - 12:58
    Already fixed the &#39;wrong argument&#39; bug and a bug in KZN that left the icon in the tray after closing KZN.

Startup delay is no good idea. I tried it but Kazaa sometimes needs longer to start up as expected. KaNAT has to wait until Kazaa has started AND is connected. I think I&#39;ll find a way to do that. Already did something similar in KZN.
    Where is it?

3.8RC2??

Or is it waiting for the other fix as well...

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by REALITY@21 November 2003 - 10:45
    Yes, I want to fix the Kazaa startup problem first. RC2 will come soon.
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by FTFakes+21 November 2003 - 23:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FTFakes &#064; 21 November 2003 - 23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@21 November 2003 - 10:45
    Yes, I want to fix the Kazaa startup problem first. RC2 will come soon.[/b][/quote]

If it is possible also to try and reduce the CPU load during the operation of the SuperList (in this RC2) - I&#39;ll appreciate it&#33;

Edit:
    Also access violation blue screen appears after a error dialog "cannot fins .... in memory, please wait ...." is being closed. (Windows 98 SE)

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by rafi_d@21 November 2003 - 23:42
    If it is possible also to try and reduce the CPU load during the operation of the SuperList (in this RC2) - I&#39;ll appreciate it&#33;

Edit:
    Also access violation blue screen appears after a error dialog "cannot fins .... in memory, please wait ...." is being closed. (Windows 98 SE)
    I can reduce the CPU load a bit, but that&#39;s a lot of work. So it will most likely not be included in RC2.

But this doesen&#39;t seem to be a common problem. I have a CPU load of 1-2 % for KZN while the Superlist is running, but I&#39;m on Win XP.

Any other people here having this problem?
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by FTFakes@22 November 2003 - 13:12
    I can reduce the CPU load a bit, but that&#39;s a lot of work. So it will most likely not be included in RC2.
    The CPU load problem is only for about 10-15 seconds ONLY each time the superlist is updating the SN on Kazaa ... (all other activity - including mouse movement - is allmost "frozen&#39. Same thing happens when you try manual update.

In-between cycles - it IS NOT loading the CPU (<1%) .

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    I&#39;ve checked the CPU load again. While changing supernodes it jumps to about 50% for less than a second on my system (AMD Athlon 1100 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Win XP Pro). Half of this CPU load was caused by Kazaa.

KZN needs to scan the Kazaa memory space for the supernode list. Windows 9x is known for its poor memory management. So I don&#39;t expect the same problem on Win NT/2000/XP systems. But i never heard of 10-15 seconds freezes before
    Seems like there is something wrong with your system. Or you have a bottleneck (CPU, RAM or HD).

I think I can reduce the CPU load. But at least every first Supernode jump after restarting Kazaa or KZN will still cause a high CPU load on your system.
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Originally posted by FTFakes@22 November 2003 - 17:45
    I think I can reduce the CPU load. But at least every first Supernode jump after restarting Kazaa or KZN will still cause a high CPU load on your system.
    This will be great&#33; Thanks.

I have only PIII 450MH . May be it has to do with the fact that I run at the same time - the autosearch (of KLE V 0.57). Also I have an older Kazaa - V 2.02 & K++ 2.03 . I did not see any point in updating it, since there were no real improvemets.

[OFF]
    BTW - If you are interested - see this post - a project I noticed that has to do with multi-protocol-multi-search client for P2P :
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=83330
    I could not find Windows 98 binaries to try it

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by REALITY+21 November 2003 - 10:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 21 November 2003 - 10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FTFakes@19 November 2003 - 12:58
    Already fixed the &#39;wrong argument&#39; bug and a bug in KZN that left the icon in the tray after closing KZN.

Startup delay is no good idea. I tried it but Kazaa sometimes needs longer to start up as expected. KaNAT has to wait until Kazaa has started AND is connected. I think I&#39;ll find a way to do that. Already did something similar in KZN.
    Where is it?

3.8RC2??

Or is it waiting for the other fix as well... [/b][/quote]
    Here is it&#33;

KaNAT 0.3.8 RC2

The Kazaa startup problem is fixed (I hope so )&#33;

Any commets are welcome.
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Look Perfect...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast