Thread: Aao 2.0 (americas Army Operations)

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    New patch 'spose to come out today,Thursday, read more about it.

AA:SF (SFAS) TOMORROW!

Posted: 2003-11-05 - by Bacchus

Heads up, Soldiers! This just in from higher HQ: the long-awaited update to AA (v2.0) is expected to debut tomorrow. This new version, codename "AA:SF (SFAS)", is bursting at the seams with new features.

This version introduces a new character class: Special Forces (MOS 18-series). This MOS isn't for the faint at heart, gang. To even be considered for qualification, you need to have a minimum honor of 15 and have successfully completed all Basic Training and Airborne School missions. Next, you'll need to complete the 2 SF training missions: Aircraft, Vehicle, and Weapon Identification (SF AVWID) and Escape and Evasion (SF E&E). Then, and only then, will you qualify to participate as a Special Forces Soldier in our 4 new multiplayer maps: SF Combat Search and Rescue, SF Recon, SF Hospital, and Pipeline SF.

But there's much more in this new release, to include the following:
    - New weapons (including the SOPMOD M4 carbine, with almost a dozen interchangeable, customizable components)
    - New OPFOR weapons (the AKS-74U; the OPFOR equivalent to the M4 mod)
    - New indigenous weapons (including the RPG-7 Rocket Propelled Grenade)
    - 3D ironsights
    - In-game IRC chat client
    - Andromeda: SCI's new comprehensive server browser/authentication system/statistics reporting server system

Again, be advised: tomorrow's release is for the windows client software version of AA:SF (SFAS) (v2.0) only. Higher HQ indicates that we can expect the Mac and Linux versions at a later date.
    (i know it says -tomorrow- but this info was out yesterday)

Some links:

Official AAO site
    ArmyOps - Tracker ...im a member there... ---> -GS-
    AA Community
    Militarysim
    IntelRecon
    AAO DropZone
    TTPF (Team Players For Fun)

Anyways, any guys in KLF plays Americas Army operations ?

Could be cool to get together and shoot each other instead of the regular flaming in here...

Cheers:
    -GS-
    Spoiler: Show

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    ok thanks but i think we dontrealy need thsi information because people who play theg ame iwll already know when they cant join games

3. Games   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Octopussy@6 November 2003 - 19:41
    ok thanks but i think we dontrealy need thsi information because people who play theg ame iwll already know when they cant join games
    nice langúage there buddy,
    j/k , dont take this too personally.

I just wanted to know if there is players around here
    but my interest is droppin suddenly...

And here's something totally to the subject:

SUBJECT: AA:SF (SFAS) IS HERE!

Posted: 2003-11-06 - by Bacchus

The newest version (v2.0) of AA, codename America's Army: Special Forces (Special Forces Assessment and Selection) will be released today, Thursday, 6 November 2003. This latest release in the America's Army game series focuses on the critical, specialized role of the Army's Special Forces within the U.S. Army as they fight the Global War on Terrorism.

This new edition of America's Army introduces a new class of Soldier: (MOS 18-series). Players successfully completing the Special Forces training will be able to play as a Special Forces Soldier armed with all new highly specialized weaponry. This new class will also include new player models and attachments as well as team structure to mimic the Green Beret squad structure. In order for a player to play as a Special Forces Soldier, the player must meet all the prerequisites; a minimum HONOR of 15, completion of all the Special Forces training components, completion of both Basic Combat Training and Airborne School training components.

AA:SF (SFAS) also includes the following new features and improvements:

New weapons available to the Special Forces class:
    - SOPMOD M4 Carbine: the Special Operations Peculiar Modification to M4 Carbine.This weapon is fully customizable by the player though the use of various accessories (mods) that can be added to the weapon to fit the players playstyle or to meet the demands of a particular mission.
    - SPR: Special Purpose Rifle - Variant on the M16 for long range shots and greater accuracy. The primary weapon of the Special Forces Advanced Marksman.
    - Thermite Grenade: Incendiary type of grenade emitting intense heat and flame. This grenade is used by the Special Forces class to complete 'data destruction' type objectives.

New OpFor Weapons:
    - Vss Vintorez: As an equivalent to the US Special Forces SPR, this is the primary weapon of the OpFor advanced marksman.
    - New AKS-74U: As an equivalent to the SOPMOD M4, the OpFor will have the new AKS-74U, including OpFor equivalents for each individual M4 mod.

Indigenous Forces:
    All new class of player controlled forces to assist the Green Berets in combat situations. This unique class mimics the real life indigenous allied forces that work with US Special Forces across the globe. This class includes new player models and specialized weapons. The player will not need any special training to be able to play as an Indigenous Forces soldier on the supported Special Forces maps.

New weapons available to the Indigenous Forces class:
    - RPG-7: Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher - a weapon used by Indigenous Forces capable of a devastating attack.
    - New AKS-74U: Reworked OpFor equivalent to the M4A1 assault rifle.
    - M9 Pistol: All new M9 pistol available only to Advanced Marksman as a 'last resort' weapon for close encounters. This pistol will only be available to Advanced Marksman (M-24, M-82, SPR) and will not be droppable or be left behind after the player is out of action.

3D Ironsights for all new weapons:
    All new weapons for this version will have fully functional 3D ironsights. This includes the SOPMOD M4 Carbine, the AKS-74U, and the M9 pistols.

Weapons Mod Page:
    All Special Forces qualified players will be able to fully customize their SOPMOD M4 Carbine rifles. On this new page in the User-Interface the player will be able to add and remove mods from their M4, as well as being able to save their favorite configurations as 'SETS' for quick changes. The current weapon mods available for the player to use include the following: the ACOG 4x Scope, ACOG Reflex Sight, M68 Aimpoint Sight, M203A1 Grenade Launcher (designed for the SOPMOD M4), the M583A1 Flare Launcher, the Harris Bipod, the M4QD Suppressor, Ironsights, and Heatshields.

In-Game IRC Chat Client:
    New in this release is a fully functional in-game IRC chat client built into the game's user-interface. This new feature will allow the players to coordinate and chat on our official IRC channel (as well as other channels).

New Andromeda Server Browser:
    A new integrated server browser platform from Supercomputer Gaming, allowing quick server refreshes, live server stats, and custom filters.

Six New Maps

Other Additions:
    - New in-game 'Icon Key'
    - New 'loading/connecting' message text boxes
    - New Glossary included in the user-interface
    - New 'Enable VSync' advanced video setting added
    - New 'Disable Coronas' advanced video setting added
    - Medic commo "Medic on the way!" by pressing 'm'
    - Medic comms report location
    - Progress bar added back to the Server Browser
    - New "Deco Layers" advanced video setting added to allow user to turn off foliage and grass textures
    - Added Tour Icons in server browser
    - Added end-of-match timer explanation to class selection screen
    - Added 3 camo 'skins' for SOPMOD M4 (Artic, Desert, Black)

Please note: this release includes only the Windows client version. Mac client, Linux client, and Linux server will be released at a later time.
    ...took it from .ere

Chill out and feel

Teh Luv

-GS-

4. Games   -   #4
    Octopussy
    i wasnt sayin it in a pissed way...just a suggestion....the new expansion for AA looks awesome! i hope its free

5. Games   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Octopussy@7 November 2003 - 01:22
    i wasnt sayin it in a pissed way...just a suggestion....the new expansion for AA looks awesome! i hope its free
    Cool, np here.

Im downloading it now, cant wait to see what its like

Most of the AA forums are having trouble, but i i found a patch from 190 to 2.0 in here.
    Download should start right away, or maybe one needs to be a member, i dont know. One could try also this if the other link doesnt work.

Have to try to DL the whole shabang later, just gonna get the patch for now...

Cheers:
    -GS-

6. Games   -   #6
    Octopussy
    didnt know expansion was out...

7. Games   -   #7
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    The patch from 190 to 2.0 is 223Mb, clean install of 2.0 is about 650Mb.
    I've noticed that several othe sites has it now too, and thats great.
    Probably a lot of Soldiers trying downloading this.

Hooah:
    -GS-