Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100tb.com for a (Shared) Seedbox?

CuraHack's Avatar Member

Arrow

Hi,

I wanted to rent a dedicated server to create a shared seedbox (combined with rapidleech with premium accounts), and "sell" accounts to friends of mine. We have a poor internet connectivity on our island so I want to make it easier to download/share files. (Don't worry I've got lots of linux server/seedbox experience)
    Thats all for my business plan...
    I have been searching for good dedicated server (providers) and I have come up with a few good one's (such as www.directspace.net). I've also noticed the provider 100TB (www.100tb.com), which comes with 100TB of traffic and a 1Gb/s connection .
    Their servers are placed in the US and you can choose between 3 different datacenters, Ive tested the datacenter and they come with good connectivity with our Island (Curacao, Netherlands Antilles).
    I know placing a Seedbox in the US comes with (lots of) legal issues.

In short:
    • Is there someone with (seedbox) experience on their servers?
    • Would you recommend me to host my service here?
    • How big are the legal threads?
    • If you have a better alternative in the same price-range please let me know!

I'm waiting for your thoughts! Let me know!
    Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=968000

Don't forget to pay attention to some of the deals they have. Sometimes they'll have $100 dedicated servers. 100tb is equivalent to sustained 300mbps.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...5587&p=25#r498

not happy with 100tb atm... having speed issues, hopefully gets resolved.
    Edit: kinda making laughing, there running speedtest's and posting screenshots of 60MBits achieved on a bloody 1GBit port and telling me thats acceptable, If i was after 60MBits id have gone for a 100MBit port. I think I'm going for a refund.

There are a few other comments about them there as well. Doesn't sound like people were too happy with the performance.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    100tb.com use Softlayer, which is VERY fast in US, but crap anywhere else. Same as OVH really, and EU.

Legally, you should be OK, just don't let them use public torrents very much.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    they cut your bandwith heeavily, and apparantly io speeds are also very poor

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    CuraHack's Avatar Member

Arrow

Ok, now what are alternatives within the same pricerange and "bandwith"-range?
    I've found a few here:

• DirectSpace.net - Unmetered servers, but litle HDD-space, and only few reviews
    • iWeb.com - They have nice servers with good hardware and prices, and very interesting specials! (http://iweb.com/landing/performances/). The only thing I don't quite understand is that you have to request a 100mbit uplink port?
    • xirvik.com (Dedicated servers) - They have some good dedicated servers, and known for quality, but I find their website lacking information (what datacenter, how much IP's, bandwith details etc.)

What do you think of these alternatives and....
    Does anyone have other alternatives? Thanks...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Those other 3 are crap, or at least if you want Gbit.

You can try echoservers, they also use softlayer. Otherwise Zenex5ive resell FDC. There isn't really any good Gbit providers aside from OVH, with good speeds to OVH that is.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    CuraHack's Avatar Member
    What I others posted about Softlayers network:
    100tb.com use Softlayer, which is VERY fast in US, but crap anywhere else. Same as OVH really, and EU.
    Other then that they have pretty competitive prices. Meanwhile I have continued my research and I have come up with another provider: http://www.knowinservers.com
    They appear to have very good VPSes with unmetered 100Mbit bandwidth for only 15 dollars a month. I am planning to get one soon to start testing. If all goes well I can buy a few VPSes instead of one big server.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    There isn't really any good Gbit providers aside from OVH, with good speeds to OVH that is.
    How about Leaseweb gigabit?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    CuraHack's Avatar Member
    Their servers are verry well priced and they are known to have good connectivity, but the EURO is really expensive for us. I think I will start with one or two VPSes from http://www.knowinservers.com and work my way up from there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast