Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: illegal files encrypted into files DL'd through bittorrent?

Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Rule of thumb is you NEVER download anything from a Public tracker unless it's your last resort. Like in the past, I have had to download a rare movie or album from a public tracker.. I sit at my computer most of the time its downloading and stop it instantly after it's done. By joining a private tracker you have more of a security blanket & files come from a secure source and all are sfv checked to insure your downloading just the release at hand. There is a lot of helpful stickys and posts around this whole forum, you should check it all out yo!
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    Like in the past, I have had to download a rare movie or album from a public tracker.. I sit at my computer most of the time its downloading and stop it instantly after it's done.
    Hit and runner. Although looking at all those TF articles and "I got an infringement letter" posts, I can't blame you.

uTorrent has a way of automating H&Rs so that you don't have to sit in front of your PC all the time, by the way.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    hehe, I will not take the chance on public places. I know people in real life who have got letters. I've seen them with my own eyes. Some were from internet provider, and some were sent directly from HBO, signed by their lawyers. Yea, I figured I could set up the option in uTorrent to stop seeding once 100%. But, I am so cautious I like to sit and monitor it, I watch the IP's in the pool and if I see one I don't like I ban it, or stop downloading. LOL.
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12