Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trackers with content for babies and for chistian music

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post

Well, first of all, I totally respect your opinion TVC but maybe you don't know much about christianity... if you take, as an example, christian music artists (singers in general) and tell them their work (musics/cds) are being downloaded from all over the world for free and that he's losing money with it, you would hear most of them (at least) shouting something like: "Praise the Lord!"

If you understand that christianity is all about "sharing" what we call/consider "the word of God", you'll understand that a tracker like that is doing a great job sir...

And I'm talking as a Christian here.
    But sure, I DO respect you opinion as you certainly have a point (a good one) when it comes to any other content. That's why I'm not a proud bit torrent user... While I do buy everything I can to give support to those I like/prefer or anything near that, I don't like (and couldn't like) the idea of downloading loads of free stuff while I should be paying for... but the subject is really extensive and complicated I think we don't have "space" to discuss it here.
    Your "Praise the Lord" idea sounds good in theory, but these christian artists are raking in tons of cash with their record companies/deals.
    If they truly wanted to spread the word of god, they would do it for free... And distribute it themselves and donate all their money to god.

With this is mind, as a christian, I wouldn't feel bad downloading music off people that use Christianity as a tool for making money.
    But then again, you may as well listen to devil driver or heaven shall burn. Whats the difference at this point?

It all comes down to.... if you consider downloading copyrighted material that you don't own, stealing or not? In which case you would/wouldn't be breaking the ten commandments (thou should not steal)
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 08-05-2010 at 02:10 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    I really don't want to go any deeper into this discussion here for, mainly, two motives: first: this is not the right place to discuss this; second: we're going nowhere with this discussion (it's pointless, hence unnecessary)... but just so you know, there are a lot of other things (some far worse) than downloading torrents that I, as a Christian, am worried about and trying to avoid. =)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    There is also a different subject : I understand that some of the files you can find on Chirstian torrents are speeches and praises from minsters around the world. If they help people and give the word to them, there is no reason why torrent site should not carry. I agree with 7th. that those priests and ministers want their word to be out there, to the world.

I told my priest about torrenting, and he will love if I upload his speech on torrent sites. He is already on YouTube, doing live streams.

Peace to you all

BTW, I am still looking for information on torrent sites with good content for kids. Not violent content.
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbzonasul View Post
    There is also a different subject : I understand that some of the files you can find on Chirstian torrents are speeches and praises from minsters around the world. If they help people and give the word to them, there is no reason why torrent site should not carry. I agree with 7th. that those priests and ministers want their word to be out there, to the world.

I told my priest about torrenting, and he will love if I upload his speech on torrent sites. He is already on YouTube, doing live streams.

Peace to you all

BTW, I am still looking for information on torrent sites with good content for kids. Not violent content.
    I wanted microsofts word to get out myself to... Thats why I seed windows 7... Lets call up good ol' bill gates and see what he has to say.
    ....Come on... This is just getting stupid.

Actually you want to spread the good word..... Go seed flyleafs new cd on breathetheworld and call up one of flyleaf's sales representatives...
    I'm sure they will be so happy to hear your spreading the good word.

I think you should read this article on Christianity and pirating. http://deeperdevotion.com/articles/408
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 08-05-2010 at 03:43 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Who is flyleafs ??
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbzonasul View Post
    Who is flyleafs ??

A famous modern day christian rock band......

Just replace it with one major mainstream christian rock band... And you will understand my meaning.
    By the way you will probally like flyleaf.... as they are actually ok (except I'm not into their religious propaganda)

read that article: http://deeperdevotion.com/articles/408
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 08-05-2010 at 03:45 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    What kind of warez do babies prefer?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Diaper-warez I guess
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12