Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The IMMERSE 720p RELEASE PROBLEM THREAD, READ Here for playing solutions :)

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I've read a bunch of comments and some on IRC, along at many sites saying that IMMERSE releases are all failing on such devices as WDTV, WD Live, etc, and are even failing to be ran through MKV2VOB/TSMuxer and the only way they play is via VLC.....

Pretty easy fix for it, but should not have to be done....

Grab mkmerge for WDTV/and other players as well

use "--compression 2:none" to remove the header compression on the audio track 2.

There is really no option 2, is just the second option I believe, if not, just find the one that says "no compression" and remove global tags, after it does it's thing, all fixed

¯\(o_º)/¯

Here's some more links and info...

MKMerge is here: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...downloads.html

And the rest of the info can be found via these links.

http://www.matroska.org/news/compressed-headers.html

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...al_compression

http://wdtv.uservoice.com/forums/174...er-in-matroska

Do the merge and removing global tags and using no compression should elevate all issues with the set top players and other medium...

¯\(o_º)/¯
    [center]

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Thanks for the info!

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thanks for the info ... must say I don't have any problems playing their releases on my popcorn A-200.
    Can you feel the LOVE

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    IMMERSE are a joke:

[GROUP STATS] [ immerse ] [ Good Releases: 351/423 ] [ Nuked: 72 [16.0%] ] [ UnNuked: 6 [1.0%] ]
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Thanks for the info! I've found a couple of these recently that wouldn't play audio on my WDTV, not just IMMERSE releases. Thanks also for that link, I gave it 3 of my votes.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    They updated the MKV codec of recently hence the problems, but I've noticed most people don't have any issues with other groups.....well no generally..

Also, I don't own a WDTV so I cannot confirm this, but there have been no firmware updates in like a year? So this would also be a 'cause as though with Popcorn Hour there have been firmware updates, correct? Or not?
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    The latest update for the unit I have (WDTV Live) is from 3/30/10.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    They updated the MKV codec of recently hence the problems, but I've noticed most people don't have any issues with other groups.....well no generally..

Also, I don't own a WDTV so I cannot confirm this, but there have been no firmware updates in like a year? So this would also be a 'cause as though with Popcorn Hour there have been firmware updates, correct? Or not?
    Read some posts on the NMT forum about ppl missing sound on some 720p mkv files but they fixed it in an update. I've not had any problems with any releases yet on my C-200 since I got it (YAY).

EDIT:
    http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh...er+compression

Found it but it was not for C-200.... need to get rid of my Alzheimer soon
    Last edited by MultiForce; 08-08-2010 at 12:00 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    edited

nevermind

thanks
    Last edited by justindlawson; 08-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Azerik
    I looked on the WD forums and there is a firmware patch that has been in testing recently, but there was no mention made of it fixing support for the newer mkv formats.

For the un-initiated the simple solution is to score a 4.0.0 version of MKMerge, load up the file in question and just "remux" it (there's a button on the bottom left). Since 4.0.0 has no support for the compression that causes the problem the file comes out playable on the WDTV (at least on my WDTV Live). I looked through the docs on the 4.2.0 version (latest) of MKMerge and I couldn't figure out how to turn off compression. I'm sure there's a way, but for those of us w/o knowledge of how to work these things the 4.0.0 solution is easiest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast