Thread: R These Specs Ok 2 Install A 129gig Hd

Ok iam getting a 120gig hard drive, i curently only have 36gig....

so i just want 2 know with my system specs wud a 120gig run ok along side with my 36gig..

any input wud b gr8

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    yeh your system should be fine to run a 120gb hdd, why wouldnt it have been

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by MetroStars@3 November 2003 - 20:22
    Ok iam getting a 120gig hard drive, i curently only have 36gig....

so i just want 2 know with my system specs wud a 120gig run ok along side with my 36gig..

any input wud b gr8
    I think you should just give the hard drive to me, please please please please.

how much was it and where from, as I need one thats not too expensive

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    make sure your mobo supports that size of drive, as my mobo only really supports up to 36gig. but i managed to put a boot loader thing on so it would support my 80gig, it came with the hdd

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks Kunal, my pops brother likes 2 think he is a whizz with computer's and he wos saying u may have 2 upgrade the mother board & the processer , i wos doubtful but my pops belived him...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady
    You should be fine mate, providing you have windows 2000 or above.
    Long time since I have dealt with previous but the old fat32 system may limit it. Actual hardware specs don't matter much and wether or not a hard drive will work is usually dependant on the file system and operating system.

Good luck.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by MetroStars@3 November 2003 - 20:26
    thanks Kunal, my pops brother likes 2 think he is a whizz with computer's and he wos saying u may have 2 upgrade the mother board & the processer , i wos doubtful but my pops belived him...
    you may have to. and also os support., im not sure what the biggest partions are for them

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    all i can do is install it and c wot happens... just wanted sum input from u guys first

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Livy+3 November 2003 - 20:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Livy &#064; 3 November 2003 - 20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MetroStars@3 November 2003 - 20:26
    thanks Kunal, my pops brother likes 2 think he is a whizz with computer&#39;s and he wos saying u may have 2 upgrade the mother board & the processer , i wos doubtful but my pops belived him...
    you may have to. and also os support., im not sure what the biggest partions are for them [/b][/quote]
    the motherboard maybe the cpu, no&#33; im sure a bios update will allow the support of a larger hdd and theres always progs that will allow the max size to be exceeded&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i remember a post by lynx, about something like this, its all to do with the bit rating or something. if when u go into your bios to autodetect your drives after u put in your hdd and it crashes, then thats a sure sign ur mobo doesnt support it.

there may be a jumper on the back to set the disk to a smaller size so it can be setup in bios as the smaller size, then take it off and windows should recoqnise it, although u may have to put some boot loader thing to get windows to recoqnise it properly.

and also certain version of windows may not support it as one large partition. but 2k znd xp should, i think most have a problem with drives over 129gig