Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what seriously has happened to music the past 10 years

sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    I guess playing real instruments is a dieing breed.

The problem I see with today's music is for one it is too loud. Ever since digital music came into existence, there has been this ambition to jack up the loudness so it sounds louder than the other Joe's loud crap. Two, they dynamically compress the range which takes substance out of the instruments. Just with those two, you have loud dull sounding instruments that lack range and substance. Three, the so called "artists" are a joke. Does anyone ever write their own songs anymore? This is especially true of these Pop Diva's. They are mindless and resort to nudity to sell albums since they are no talent idiots. Good music sticks around no matter what it is. The groups I listen to are still doing concerts to sold out arenas after being around for 30+ years.

2. Music   -   #22
    What happened to music in the past 10 years? Ace of Base is back and they've been around for 10 years. New album is called All For You.

With the free flow of information people listen to whatever's inspiring and stuff they can connect with.

3. Music   -   #23
    I think the Bling got to their heads and choked the creativity out of them!

4. Music   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by spongeduckie View Post
    That would maybe make sense except for the fact that Glenn Miller was making $100k a month in 1940 when the average yearly salary was $1900 .
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Music   -   #25
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by spongeduckie View Post
    That and their meat dresses, lol.

6. Music   -   #26
    Every generation has it's own style - and several if you think about it.

There's always some new genre until they run out of guitar chords

My beloved rap is nearly dead, only thing that is decent that exists is mixtapes.

7. Music   -   #27
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    and almost 10 years late it's now 10 years more 20 years now music is even more at a all time low

8. Music   -   #28
    The fact that you don't need talent is the main reason music has been terrible for the past 20 years. People want to be rich and famous while doing as little work as possible. Most musicians start learning to play an instrument at a young age. They learn to read and write music. They write their own lyrics. An unfortunate side-effect of technology is that anyone can press buttons and create/copy a song. No need to be able to sing, play an instrument, read/write music or write lyrics. There's no creativity that way. The crap is popular because advertisers know how to make people think it is popular. It's just like the sheeple lining up at an apple store to buy the newest gadget. Advertising hype makes people think everyone needs one.

9. Music   -   #29
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Don't forget that with autotune style software you don't even need to be able to sing!! Then there is virtual stars like Hatsune Miku so you don't even have to be real!!

10. Music   -   #30
    There's something goood something bad happened to music in all these years. Melody has taken backseat and rhythm took the charge. But at the same time there are a lot of fantastic musicians who kept the essence alive. So, at the end its all good .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast