Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what seriously has happened to music the past 10 years

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    maybe im talking more of pop music here. but the past 10 years any song thats in the top 40 is dance or rap.

now theae days its so and so featureing some rapper or some DJ, and we may see a comerical rock band in the 40 like train or a nickelback (cock rock)

I know when it comes down to it its about the $$$$$$$ but why is it so popular this stuff when cleary most of us all know its crap? do only teenage girls buy music in todays generation?

ok lets move the pop crap aside for a minute

the big band sounds has changed and it isnt what it used to be, everything is about simple 3 chord progession on guitar with that treble sound (the late 90s started to bring this in I use the foo fighters sound for an example) guitar solos are dead on rock music now. its rare to hear one on the radio, where in the 70 and 80s every song would just about have it. hell even the disco music in the 70s was decent when you look back now on todays standards.

it seems the only good music to get that sound back to listen to metal. even metallica dived into a grave with that st anger crap album with that horrible sound

am I living in the past before 1995? because thats when music started to take a dive with the sound, maybe I am in the past as we see lots of oldies only loving the 50s and 60s music

I have a theory that when we get to almost the age of 30 we cant take anymore of the changes and start looking back at what we had at the time.

I am starting to feel the same way about movies too with the 3D thing and CGI fucking with movies that should be about story acting etc
    Last edited by Adster; 08-06-2010 at 01:58 PM.

2. Music   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Look up Disco Demolition Night. Music, like anything else, has its ups and downs. After groups like Good Charlotte and Sum 41, it can only get better.

3. Music   -   #3
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    American Idol premiered roughly ten years ago.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Music   -   #4
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Nothing happened to the music. music has always been like this , good stuff are just rarer to find. not just because you don't like the music means that the music is shit. really , everyone has his own taste.

Edit :

even those dance , trance..etc. tracks take huge efforts to be made and when you put effort to something it surely will be good. as i said before , every kind of music has its own crowd and you can always find good stuff in each genre.
    Last edited by YoYoY; 08-08-2010 at 02:14 AM.

5. Music   -   #5
    What happened to music in the past 10 years?! If anything, music is better than ever. Most of the bands I listen to didn't exist before the year 2000. A few might go back into the 1990s, but most of my favorite bands formed after the year 2000. So, I think music is getting better, not worse.

6. Music   -   #6
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    What happened to music in the past 10 years?! If anything, music is better than ever. Most of the bands I listen to didn't exist before the year 2000. A few might go back into the 1990s, but most of my favorite bands formed after the year 2000. So, I think music is getting better, not worse.
    P sure you just have bad taste.

7. Music   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    Who doesn't like Saves The Day songs?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

8. Music   -   #8
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    there is no " bad taste " here. you like something and you don't like something else which could appeal to someone else. every kind of music has its own fans who think that other kinds of music is crap and their point of view is just....wrong.

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    YoYoY is right, there is no such thing as bad taste. but there is bad music. like rappers rapping about how low their balls hang and strippers with big booties.

10. Music   -   #10
    BANNED
    Er, no. Music is objectively good or bad, but people just have subjective taste. If you think bad music is good, or vice versa, you have bad taste. This is just a scientific fact you have to live with.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast