Thread: Monitor

Can anyone tell me if there is an industry standard for missing pixels on a tft monitor.

Have just got a Dell computor with a 17" tft screen and have noticed thet there is a pixel missing, it looks like a black spot on the center left of the screen.

Have spoken to Dell and asked them to replace the screen but the operator that i spoke to told me that the missing pixel was exceptable as it was within the industry standard and up to 6 missing pixels was exceptable, i told him as far as i was concerned it was not acceptable as i had paid alot of money for this computer and was not satisfied, but all he keep saying was that is was within the industry standards and they would not exchange it.

Can anyone give me sum advice on this matter ,

Thanks Steve

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    dead pixels are common place, and it pisses of the manufacturer to have to replace them all the time - i'm not sure what's legally defined as defective, but i do know that some manufacturers are more generous and consider 3 to be a completely bugger monitor

in short you might not have a case for getting a new monitor - you might be able to just give them the whole system back
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Youe'd think it would be cheaper for them to change the monitor than lose the sale they must get the monitors cheap.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Dell is usually much better than that with thier moniters... My friend got a computer, found a pixel within minutes of seeing it brand new, called them up, and dell shipped a new flatcreen Next day Shipping... all at no cost... hmm... if the pixel is out of the way to you, i wouldn't mind it, but if it is obstructinbg yoor view then i would chalenge it...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If i don't get any joy with them changing the monitor the lot will be going back
    it will be there loss

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    And here's another reason for sticking with good ol' CRTs...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    can you get dead pixels on CRTs? i think i might be looking at one
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i remember reading something a while ago about the the standards, and if you only got one then it is within standard,

most manufacturers have a minimum distance between 2 dead pixels, or 3 within a certain area, or overall. and to get 1 dead pixel is within the norm, so as far as legal grounds go, you aint really got a case

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    How long have you had the monitor?

Was it like that when you first set it up or did the problem start later?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    fromt he sounds from the sounds of it, looks although it was there form the start. and seems although he has just got it?