Thread: Tv Tuner

Poster
    should i get a tv tuner? i already have basic cable and the only reason i'd want it if it had satelite/movie/pay channels

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    alright like i said id only get it for the pay channels

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by SciManAl@3 November 2003 - 23:52
    i wouldn't buying a VD card with a tuner makes it more expensive, but if you want to throw wads of cash out then yes go and get all the options , but i would say no, go for better performance... and is you really want a tv tuner for cheap there are one that don't come with the VD card, that are sometimes USB etc, they will be slower, and qaulity will depend on the perfomance of you computer, i would personally just watch it on a TV...
    wtf?!?!??!?! the guy ask if he should get a tv tuner not a gfx card w/ it build in. read the damn post b4 posting.

it really depend whether or not u should get one. if u want to watch tv and dont ahve room for a tv in ur room then yes. but if like u said u want u want pay per view channels/ and standard cable for free hten no. tv tuner only give u what channels u already have.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    ok thnx , i didnt really understand sciman so i just pretended like im a pro. u really helped out, thnx. at best buy they have 1 for 40 with a 10 dfollar mail rebate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    is it a ati tv wonder? thats the one i got from best buy....waiting for my $10 rebate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    most american cable companies have moved their premium channels over to digital cable, which traditional (analogue) tuner cards can't even tune, much less descramble. there are digital tuner cards which will tune digital services that you've paid for... but i have never heard of any so-called digital descrambler that even sounded remotely legitimate.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    ok, nvm, i may try to get satelite and then il hack it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    any tutorial on how to hack satellite?? everyones been telling me its better, but i have no idea how to get started.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    i dont know, i know you can hack tivo and satelite. try going to astalavista and go to text file archives.