Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: FTN - Why so special?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestShine View Post
    As per title, why is FTN portrayed as the god of private torrent sites?
    Is it?

Surely it's got to be more than just pre-times and speeds..
    You forgot to throw being ratio-free and hard to get in, I think.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Do my best to replicate it though.
    >lol
    >Rofl
    >Hey
    > sup nigga
    >greetz peeps
    >Buddy!!!!!!
    >lol LOL LOL
    Surprisingly (although there's plenty of that sort of talk in some channels), I definitely have intelligent conversations in IRC more often than I see them here. I also find it ironic that the most intelligent posts here are generally wildly off-topic
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    It's not special, it's hyped. Only because invites are rare.

@ca_aok This ^^^ post is not offtopic. And I guess that's prolly the most intelligent post that could be posted ONTOPIC. The topic itself isn't too intelligent and inttellectual, and people post intelligent things here since bumping old but interesting threads isn't too good idea. In the end, the irony is kinda logical

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Surprisingly (although there's plenty of that sort of talk in some channels), I definitely have intelligent conversations in IRC more often than I see them here. I also find it ironic that the most intelligent posts here are generally wildly off-topic
    Recommend me a channel that has such conversations, and I'll idle there for eternity (well, and converse when I'm at my computer, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbeebops View Post
    Buddy.

(Most people probably won't get this.)
    Tyler jokes. Get old.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Tyler jokes. Get old.
    !timebomb's don't.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Recommend me a channel that has such conversations, and I'll idle there for eternity (well, and converse when I'm at my computer, of course).
    Whatcd VIP. But it's too exclusive for you

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Whatcd VIP. But it's too exclusive for you
    There's plenty of spam that goes on there too, but in general it's nice

Tracker channels in general, especially those on 0-day sites are particularly bad. That doesn't mean there's never a good conversation there, but there's plenty of spam thrown in as well. I dunno, personally I idle in a few genre-based music channels, there's also a channel with ~15 close friends that's nice for keeping in touch. Some channels on freenode are great for getting tech help with stuff that's poorly documented or overwhelming (I've had great help with general linux inquiries, rutorrent, ZNC, etc). Really it boils down to whether you like the people in the channel more than the actual content.

I can say I've definitely had conversations ranging from politics to religion to coding to drugs to who knows what else though, and I learn something new all the time. Now whether the hundreds of spammed news and nsfw links and 1337speak is a worthwhile tradeoff, that's up to you.

It's also worth noting that pretty much anyone I've been friendly with in the torrenting world has been met via IRC, and I don't think there were any of those so called "1337" trackers that I joined that weren't at least indirectly from someone I knew in IRC. I'm only really a forum poster on a few sites and I'm pretty particular about which forums I post in as well, so I'm not really that visible in that respect. Because of that I always try to return the favour as much as possible.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 08-12-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Nothing special.. except special people !!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    e-p3n and l337ness and "hard=to=get" site

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by invite420 View Post
    Nothing special.. except special people !!!
    So you are saying it's like those Olympics that Eunice Shriver founded?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast